MOTD Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is with the hop skip jump run-up? Jorginho has just done it twice for the chavs.

Jorginho has been doing it for years

I imagine it's done out of unpredictability - once you've jumped, the keeper has either slightly committed to a corner or is flat footed so you can either put it in the other corner or any corner.

Jorginho has been doing it for years

I imagine it's done out of unpredictability - once you've jumped, the keeper has either slightly committed to a corner or is flat footed so you can either put it in the other corner or any corner.
Yup, the keeper instinctively reacts to your first move and you can place it in the opposite corner because a penalty is decided by the finest of margins.

Really difficult to master but once you are very good at it, the keeper has to do extremely well to have a chance.

Yup, the keeper instinctively reacts to your first move and you can place it in the opposite corner because a penalty is decided by the finest of margins.

Really difficult to master but once you are very good at it, the keeper has to do extremely well to have a chance.

It's a great technique when mastered - but it gives as much of an advantage as the stutter run up did and that got banned didn't it?

Did it? I didn't know the stutter was banned tbh
It's not banned, you can stutter, even stop during your run-up, but you can't faint, stop, fake during the actual act of kicking the ball. (Son took a perfectly legal kick in an FA Cup round as he stopped during his run-up and was pinged for it incorrectly, not just by the ref on the pitch but VAR AND a cunt ref in the studio, all supported the ref on the pitch whilst all of them got it wrong).

Hating myself for starting to like ian wright. Not afraid to compliment spurs unlike most other cunts
I couldn't stand him as a player, he was a horrible, twat on the pitch. Obviously playing for them made him seem even worse.

But i have to say, off the pitch he comes across as one of the more engaging people in football punditry. He gives us credit when due and his enthusiasm and humor is genuine.

If only i could forget what a tool he was on the field.

We get praised on motd for how we played. We were 2 up wright and jenas saying how we were spot on to sit back. Sky pundits whinge bout it
Which is why I never watch Sky feeds anymore, their pro Woolwich, Liverpool & Man Utd bias is pathetic, I'll always look for the American NBC Sports feed or BT Sport if they have the match.

Back
Top Bottom