Mourinho v. Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Biggest differences, as far as I see it

We're now proper cunts. Show me a team that won the league in living memory being nice.

We have a plan tailored for the opposition rather than a philosophy that is often incompatible

We look far less likely to bottle a big game and cave.

Players are being asked to do what they are best at 1st and best for the team 2nd to ensure both succeed.

Thank you to Poch in much the same way I thanked Martin Jol, but we needed to move on and try something different.

In 2 or 3 years when Mourinho leaves i hope to thank him for changing the club and player mentality.

poch ruined it by not coming out and squashing the united rumours, he fucked us over big time and luckily he fucked himself over too! yea he had his flaws and was too much of a soft touch who wanted to be liked by everyone. but until then he was doing well, flirting with the united job and not showing us any respect killed him! good riddance!

love mourinho hes a true winner! ruthless and doesnt care who likes him as long as he wins for his club. you wont see him bringing on our only striker away in the FA cup when leading 6-0 on a shit pitch, risking our only striker in an important stage of the season...out of respect to tranmere fans!!!! WTF!!!!

poch ruined it by not coming out and squashing the united rumours, he fucked us over big time and luckily he fucked himself over too! yea he had his flaws and was too much of a soft touch who wanted to be liked by everyone. but until then he was doing well, flirting with the united job and not showing us any respect killed him! good riddance!

love mourinho hes a true winner! ruthless and doesnt care who likes him as long as he wins for his club. you wont see him bringing on our only striker away in the FA cup when leading 6-0 on a shit pitch, risking our only striker in an important stage of the season...out of respect to tranmere fans!!!! WTF!!!!

Part of the magic of the cup is lower league fans getting to see Kane etc even if for a few minutes.
They all celebrate like mad when they get a PL club for this reason.
Would you be happy if we were top of our Champions league group and put clear and Barcelona rocked up with their B team?
You want Messi there to see in person.

Part of the magic of the cup is lower league fans getting to see Kane etc even if for a few minutes.
They all celebrate like mad when they get a PL club for this reason.
Would you be happy if we were top of our Champions league group and put clear and Barcelona rocked up with their B team?
You want Messi there to see in person.
fuck what the opposition fans want. you dont gamble on our season to appease tranmere fans! unforgivable.

mourinho doesnt even make him travel to that game, thats the difference

fuck what the opposition fans want. you dont gamble on our season to appease tranmere fans! unforgivable.

mourinho doesnt even make him travel to that game, thats the difference
We were 7-0 up. It's not like he was gonna run himself into the ground or get cut in half by an opposition defender.
It was akin to rolling the classic Bentley out of the garage so the less privileged can see it.

AND I bet my left nut he has an appearance bonus, goal bonus and win bonus to pick up

We were 7-0 up. It's not like he was gonna run himself into the ground or get cut in half by an opposition defender.
It was akin to rolling the classic Bentley out of the garage so the less privileged can see it.

AND I bet my left nut he has an appearance bonus, goal bonus and win bonus to pick up
the pitch had pot holes all over the place. his ankles arent exactly made of steel.

pochettino wanting to be loved by everyone could of potentially set the club back years there. took a gamble with no reward

Biggest differences, as far as I see it

We're now proper cunts. Show me a team that won the league in living memory being nice.

We have a plan tailored for the opposition rather than a philosophy that is often incompatible

We look far less likely to bottle a big game and cave.

Players are being asked to do what they are best at 1st and best for the team 2nd to ensure both succeed.

Thank you to Poch in much the same way I thanked Martin Jol, but we needed to move on and try something different.

In 2 or 3 years when Mourinho leaves i hope to thank him for changing the club and player mentality.

We've been cunts for ages though.

It's a fair question in substance but as many others have said it's too premature to come to firm conclusions. Plus there are other threads on the subject; anyway, to your question...

I agree with OP that to 'get' Mourinho you have to experience him. Perhaps aside from Inter/Porto I found him a proper wally at other clubs - occasionally funny but often annoying. When he's building that siege mentality with your club it naturally offers a different perspective.

Overall I preferred the football under Poch and he built us into a really good side but no silverware was a problem. My views on that won't change because that's done and dusted. It's too early to judge Mourinho as he has been brought in to win things, first and foremost. With the full backing of the board and transfer funds I will be judging him primarily in the context of silverware. If we win stuff with him I will consider him favourably. If not, disappointing tenure. So far the signs are positive. I really liked Poch and I suspect I will end up liking Mourinho too.

Finally, no need to compare them really. They do different things. Different styles. Probably - weirdly - different objectives. Fine to consider both in the sense of generating chat, but they have both been Spurs so it's not an essential question. In the sense of what I want as a fan I see no issue in contributing to the chat.

Back
Top Bottom