Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As a northern Spur, I was completely dismayed when we signed this fella.
I regularly drink with a group of 6 magpies, to a man they didn't have a good word between them for our latest signing.
Levy panicked, simple as that, no way whatsoever this joker was Poch's choice.
Horrible player, can't believe he's here.
So stop listening to your Geordie mates and give him a go if you are a Spurs fan like you say you are?

I'm pretty much Mr. Let's Give Player X a Fair Chance, but this guy is absolute cack, we'll be lucky to find someone to take him off our hands next year

It looks like it's probably going to go the same way of Lennon and Adebayor to be honest, we'll try and ship him out next summer, no one will take him and because Pochettino doesn't want him in the team, he'll be told to train with the reserves etc. and he'll continue to kick up a fuss.

Probably end up leaving for China.

It looks like it's probably going to go the same way of Lennon and Adebayor to be honest, we'll try and ship him out next summer, no one will take him and because Pochettino doesn't want him in the team, he'll be told to train with the reserves etc. and he'll continue to kick up a fuss.

Probably end up leaving for China.

It will help a lot to get his focus straight if France stops picking him for their international team.
No player with such shit club form deserves to be on the squad of a legit Tier I international powerhouse like France. That being said, Sissoko always seems a bit dissociated and sulky, and I have very little hope of him picking himself up by his bootstraps to right his own ship.

I don't think that is going to help at all. His longest run of good form was 4 games at the Euros. He was only good in flashes at Newcastle. We'll be lucky to get a couple of good games out of him and trick a Chinese team in to paying us 30mil for him

And please save these comments and throw them in my face if I'm wrong. I really, really hope I am. But he is almost always the worst player on the pitch in his appearances for us.

He only came on in the 74th minute and did no worse than the others. I do not disagree with the consensus on here that he is not performing but it does no good for post after post to say the same thing.

Tottenham star Moussa Sissoko disagrees with Mauricio Pochettino over this

NEWCASTLE fans insist he is hardly somebody to stand up and be counted, but it was Moussa Sissoko who put himself forward to analyse why Tottenham’s Champions League campaign had gone so spectacularly wrong.

Hugo Lloris had performed a captain’s innings, answering questions in French and for English television following the 2-1 defeat in Monaco which officially ended Tottenham’s hopes of progressing in the competition.

But player after player walked straight from the dressing room, eyes fixed firmly forward, and was ushered onto the bus with one of the club’s own paid security guard forming a barrier between the star and the press, negating the entire concept of a UEFA mixed zone and preventing any deeper analysis.

In fairness to Harry Kane, he was otherwise engaged. So long was he providing a sample for the drug testers that the bus left without him for the airport and he was whisked past the few remaining stragglers into a fast car to catch up with the rest of the squad.

And then there was Sissoko.

Mauricio Pochettino had already said in the press conference that the struggle of maintaining a challenge in both the Premier and Champions League was too much for the resources at his disposal. Sissoko, though, stopped long enough to dissent from that view.

I cannot agree,” he said. “Personally I think we have a good squad and a strong team to do even better in the Champions League. That is why we are all so disappointed.

We have a good enough squad to have finished in the top two, but our performances were not good. We are so disappointed because we are out of the competition already.

Everybody is entitled to say what they think but for me our squad is more than good enough to have done better.

“But like I said, we didn’t do better and now we must take the criticism, even if we think it is wrong.”

Few feel much sympathy for Tottenham’s plight, however. Effectively, they were undone by their bold and, many believe, ostentatious decision to play ‘home’ games at Wembley and if they do enter the Europa League by avoiding defeat against CSKA Moscow in the final game, the option is there to revert to White Hart Lane.

I think it would be good for us to play at home,” said Sissoko. “Going home would make it easier for us. We know the stadium and it would be better for us.” Complaints of being under-resourced receive just as short shrift outside the club and ironically it is Sissoko himself who is held up as a counter-argument. The £30m spent on his signature on transfer deadline day is held up as evidence that the club has the money, they just have not spent it wisely enough.

On the flip side, the panic that seems to have accompanied that deal is a sign that Spurs recognised early that they desperately needed to do something before the window closed. But all week, there has been little secret that the Premier League has been prioritised until the squad has more genuine depth.

The focus now, then, is on beating the team on Saturday who effectively robbed Tottenham of the title last season.

Sissoko said: “I think Chelsea comes at the right moment for us because going out of the Champions League is such a big disappointment we feel we must do something to put it right.

It's far too early to write this guy off. He's started what ? 5 games ? The concern is why is he only starting 5 games. There are so many injuries and this chap is still only a sub at best...anyone seriously think Poch wants this chap around ? Sad for both of them if that's the case.

Equally confused about GKN. Battle all summer to get the guy. He arrives and has played even less than Sissoko. Who the hell is doing the scouting ?

History suggests we have another Levy purchase here that Poch did not really want. We have been down this road before and it generally goes BANG and ends up with an upset squad, lots of injuries, people wanting to move on, Manager's sacked and rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
It's far too early to write this guy off. He's started what ? 5 games ? The concern is why is he only starting 5 games. There are so many injuries and this chap is still only a sub at best...anyone seriously think Poch wants this chap around ? Sad for both of them if that's the case.

Equally confused about GKN. Battle all summer to get the guy. He arrives and has played even less than Sissoko. Who the hell is doing the scouting ?

History suggests we have another Levy purchase here that Poch did not really want. We have been down this road before and it generally goes BANG and ends up with an upset squad, lots of injuries, people wanting to move on, Manager's sacked and rinse and repeat.
Good point about GKN, forgot that he was with us - saw him play a couple of times last year at Marseille and he looked like a no brainer buy, pace, trickery, can score a goal but i think he's suffering with the physical work and discipline that is needed for the Poch press

Good point about GKN, forgot that he was with us - saw him play a couple of times last year at Marseille and he looked like a no brainer buy, pace, trickery, can score a goal but i think he's suffering with the physical work and discipline that is needed for the Poch press
Might well be. I am struggling with the Poch Press too.....struggling to see if it still exists.

It's all a bit farcical. A relatively weak squad is beefed up by N'Koudou, Jansen and Sissoko none of which have done anywhere near enough, either due to their inability or the inability of the coaching staff to get them going. Absolute shambles really.

A new guy to pile the collective blame onto, aye? After Paulinho and Adebayor it was Chadli, now it's Sissoko.

He hasn't hit the ground running, but apart from defensive players such as Wanyama and Alderweireld, who have? It takes time to settle. It takes time to get used to Pochs training regime and tactical plans. Sissoko isn't a rabona-scoring flashy wing type winger, and he never will be. That doesn't mean he can't still be very useful for us, once he's settled and comfortable.

Let's back him up while he tries to find his footing, shall we?

A new guy to pile the collective blame onto, aye? After Paulinho and Adebayor it was Chadli, now it's Sissoko.

He hasn't hit the ground running, but apart from defensive players such as Wanyama and Alderweireld, who have? It takes time to settle. It takes time to get used to Pochs training regime and tactical plans. Sissoko isn't a rabona-scoring flashy wing type winger, and he never will be. That doesn't mean he can't still be very useful for us, once he's settled and comfortable.

Nice try mate but he's never going to be given the chance by some of the miserable cunts on here.

For some reason our fans always need a scapegoat.

Level of transfer fee and wages just increase the intensity of the hatred / abuse the player receives.

Plenty of other bigger clubs sign players for shitloads who turn out to be average, their fans just seem to shrug it off and move on to the next.

Back
Top Bottom