Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a season tkt and live in, dare I say it, MK. There are about 20 or so chaps I know well all living in MK who all go to the Lane when poss. Also around me in the North stand are lads from Flitwick, Bedford & Cambridge. Would be interesting to know on any given match day how many fans live outside Tottenham/Haringey/Enfield etc

I find it ridiculous that he can play for Algeria anyway, you should have to play for the country you're born in (unless born in a military base).
Though born in France, as a child of non-citizens, Bentaleb would inherit his parents’ citizenship. Children of immigrants can only exercise their right to French citizenship once they reach majority (and many don't, citing paperwork and alienation).

(I'm assuming Bentaleb's parents are both not French citizens. I mean, we know his dad is a subject of the Crown...)

I have a season tkt and live in, dare I say it, MK. There are about 20 or so chaps I know well all living in MK who all go to the Lane when poss. Also around me in the North stand are lads from Flitwick, Bedford & Cambridge. Would be interesting to know on any given match day how many fans live outside Tottenham/Haringey/Enfield etc

Got to be the majority I reckon. I remember reading somewhere we have the most fans who don't live locally to the club or something like that.

But then again, I don't think only people in Tottenham and Edmonton live locally to the club. In football terms, local isn't really within a mile of the stadium. For us, it's London, Essex, Hertfordshire.

Unfortunately I can imagine that Most in the Tottenham area would probably struggle to come and see us anyway due to the prices of the tickets and the area of Tottenham being fairly impoverished.

Not just todays performance but every performance since Chelsea, we havent really pushed on. This guy is crucial to us which is amazing considering he is what? 19? 20?.

A shame we will not have him for the NLD or the trip to Anfield.

Not just todays performance but every performance since Chelsea, we havent really pushed on. This guy is crucial to us which is amazing considering he is what? 19? 20?.

A shame we will not have him for the NLD or the trip to Anfield.
Not even if they're knocked out early?

Group_C_Africa_Cup_of_Nations.png

Senegal and Algeria play tomorrow, with all teams still able to qualify. Algeria qualifies with a win. If they draw, then Ghana has to draw or lose for them to qualify. If they lose by one, then South Africa has to win by less 2 for them to still qualify... Spurs fans are stuck with wanting the best for Bentaleb while also hoping that he comes back at the soonest possible time, which could be after Tuesday. Personally, I hope that Bentaleb has an incredible game but Algeria still loses so we can bring him back into rotation ASAP.

Algeria have such a good squad. I hope they go all the way. An AFCON cup will do the boys hunger and desire wonders. The more experience he picks up as his age the better. It'll be a hell of an achievement for a 20 year old only 12 months into his first team career.

Group_C_Africa_Cup_of_Nations.png

Senegal and Algeria play tomorrow, with all teams still able to qualify. Algeria qualifies with a win. If they draw, then Ghana has to draw or lose for them to qualify. If they lose by one, then South Africa has to win by less 2 for them to still qualify... Spurs fans are stuck with wanting the best for Bentaleb while also hoping that he comes back at the soonest possible time, which could be after Tuesday. Personally, I hope that Bentaleb has an incredible game but Algeria still loses so we can bring him back into rotation ASAP.

Pretty sure Ghana are above them by way of the head to head rule? Or is that not taken into account?

I thought if Algeria drew then Ghana can draw and still go through.

Back
Top Bottom