Nailing my colours to the mast

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dear Andre,

Thank you for Man Utd away, it was nice knowing you.

As a twitchy, saggy faced old gent once said, football is a simple game, yet you continue to over-complicate it.

You continue to play a system that clearly doesn't suit us and your substitutions are at best strange.

Im sure some on here will seek to blame injuries, the crowd...etc but Ive see enough over the years and enough from this manager to know a false dawn when I see one.

I know some will scream 5th etc etc but have we really played well consistently in any game this season? Maybe Reading but they were genuinely toilet.

Nope, thats it for me. AVB OUT

Oh do fuck off with this trolling shit. I bet if you were here six months ago you'd be posting the same shit about Harry.

Probably but at least Harry wouldn't have taken our top scorer off when one nil down to an outfit like Wigan.

Dig me out, fine...but if you are going to at least tell me why you think AVB has the right stuff. When you do please bear in mind I couldnt give less of a shit about what happened in Portugal.

Spurs history will judge AVB harsher than Ramos maybe even Gross. Mark my words.

Probably but at least Harry wouldn't have taken our top scorer off when one nil down to an outfit like Wigan.

Dig me out, fine...but if you are going to at least tell me why you think AVB has the right stuff. When you do please bear in mind I couldnt give less of a shit about what happened in Portugal.

Spurs history will judge AVB harsher than Ramos maybe even Gross. Mark my words.
It isn't so much about AVB having the right stuff, but more a touch of realism abut who who are and who we can get. AVB may not be doing the business, but he has, at present, an arguably weaker squad than Harry, not just because of the loss of Rafa and Ratcunt, but also a growing injury list.Yet, he's still had us in foruth last week, and in fifth now only on goal difference. That's a damn sight better than either of your examples in Gross or Ramos (the latter of which had an arguably stronger squad in his first season).

The likes of you, who claim to be the Billy Big Bollocks of WHL who have been going since 1882 and have seen every false dawn of all time, still, it seems, don't grasp that Levy (or whoever else) isn't going to be able to bring in a younger Sir Alex or ship in Sheikh Mansoor's oil billions with a couple months over the summer. We get what we can afford. If you're such a fucking footballing genius with all the answers who couldn't stand Harry either, maybe you can tell us who the Messiah is going to be?

I'm shocked. I didn't see this coming from Carlito.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE!

ge2ZS.jpg

I don't agree with everything AVB does, and to be honest when people were saying they wanted him here, back in March, I wasn't keen. But as soon as we took him on I supported him and felt that if we're taking him on, we should give him the season at least.

Alright, if he looks like getting us relegated, that's another thing. But he doesn't, and he won't either. I'm not desperate for fourth place. I think Villas-Boas has a lot to learn but also has great potential. I feel he's faced a barrage of abuse in England, and some of that has been completely unjustified. I think he's scared shitless of failing because his every move/non-move has been scrutinised and often lied about. He needs to shrug that fear off and instill some confidence in the side.

Redknapp's shite form as soon as Capello walked isn't what turned me against him, it was his attitude towards our club. We all experience supporting the club in different ways, I suppose. I'm not saying I'd insist on loyalty to a manager who was taking us down the shitter. But at the same time I admire loyalty and perseverance as traits and I feel at this stage, to sack the manager would be ludicrous. I'm behind him 100%.

I do actually argee with you on that point, everyone seemingly wants to be proved right that they said AVB was a bad choice or that AVB will fails, or they could even spin it onto Levy, 'he was a crappy chairman, so stingy with money, didn't splash on Moutinho or Tevez'

We need stability and that doesnt come from judging a manager after two months. He has'nt had a fully fit squad, and while I accept that doesnt excuse some of AVBs ludicrous decision's, I would really like to see what he would do with everyone available.

If he starts playing Livermore over Parker, and keeps Vertonghen LB over BAE then Id be me more concerned.

It is truely baffling some of the decisions he is making, particulary in home games, but its way too soon for this. He needs to be given two or three seasons, before we should start talking about his position.

The guy is not going to relegate us, and this is a transitional season. As much as people slate Pool fans, they are making us look like utter, utter cunts at the moment.

They are in the same situation, but worse, as they have spent heavily on shit players, and have been in transition/sliding backwards for 3/4yrs. Yeah they wanted Woy out, but I didnt hear any boos at Anfield to this day, and they even gave him a warm ovation when he returned with WBA.

Its groundhog day supporting this club.

If its not the fans demanding a manager's head, it's Levy, or Sugar. Repeat process - Win nothing.

11 managers since 1991. Before that, the last 11 managers took us back to 1938.

Piss take.

It is truely baffling some of the decisions he is making, particulary in home games, but its way too soon for this. He needs to be given two or three seasons, before we should start talking about his position.
Alas, that is not what the game is about anymore. If he doesn't bring the goods he'll be gone by this time next year.

As much as people slate Pool fans, they are making us look like utter, utter cunts at the moment.

They are in the same situation, but worse, as they have spent heavily on shit players, and have been in transition/sliding backwards for 3/4yrs. Yeah they wanted Woy out, but I didnt hear any boos at Anfield to this day...

Horrifically, tragically sad...but true. :(

Football is a simple game at times, but then again if you keep it too simple teams will see right through you and know what's coming. Barring injuries last season it was easy to pick a starting XI, but come the end of the season we saw what happened. While we may not be off to the same sort of start we were last season, I think this year we won't run out of steam the way we did last year.

And finally, who would you want to bring in to replace AVB? There's nobody out there who would be worthy of our club, because the top managers are all in a pretty secure job atm and wouldn't leave to take over at Spurs/ Levy wouldn't pay to get them out of their contracts. There's no point calling for him to be sacked, just for the sake of him being sacked. And don't you dare say that he should bring Redknapp back, because you know as much as I do that that's about as likely as Sol Cuntbell getting a standing ovation at the Lane.

Was here before you and will still be here when your gone.

If you want to chat PM me.

Could you stop giving it the "I'm a better fan than you" attitude. It's fucking annoying. We all love Tottenham Hotspur FC and it's not a contest as to who was there first. My dad was a Spurs supporter before I was born, doesn't mean I love the club any less than him, just because I've not been alive for as long as he has.

And why do you suddenly show up on the forum again after a shit performance? You really like being miserable don't you?

Back
Top Bottom