New Manager Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your pick as new manager?

• Laudrup

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Capello

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Sherwood/Freund combo

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Another PL manager

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 49 19.5%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 58 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would it be possible to start this poll again given the fact that most of the popular candidates % wise have been ruled out either by themselves or for the fact that Levy wouldn't even contemplate them (redknapp/Hoddle) being the most obvious examples.
DeBoar isn't even on the list.
I feel that if the poll was restarted, whoever compiled it would be hard pushed to come up with any decent/realistic candidates.
The position we find ourselves in has got to be the biggest fail in all my 40+ years of supporting this club.
Sometimes, timing is everything. Levy and the board need a reality check.
I think they will find that they have alienated the club big time. They may have to settle for someone that they don't really want, never has the saying "Poisened Chalis " been so relevant.
Just saying !

Would it be possible to start this poll again given the fact that most of the popular candidates % wise have been ruled out either by themselves or for the fact that Levy wouldn't even contemplate them (redknapp/Hoddle) being the most obvious examples.
DeBoar isn't even on the list.
I feel that if the poll was restarted, whoever compiled it would be hard pushed to come up with any decent/realistic candidates.
The position we find ourselves in has got to be the biggest fail in all my 40+ years of supporting this club.
Sometimes, timing is everything. Levy and the board need a reality check.
I think they will find that they have alienated the club big time. They may have to settle for someone that they don't really want, never has the saying "Poisened Chalis " been so relevant.
Just saying !

What candidates are actually left?! They've all fucked us off really

Wondering who's actually available that will be more than a short term/stop gap solution. Really the wrong time to recruit as anybody worth their salt is probably either involved in european competiton and/or is unlikely to move until the end of the season. Hope I'm wrong but perhaps we're better off making do and getting the right man at the end of the season. Really doing my head in at the moment. COYS.

Steve Clarke.
Seriously i think just what we need atm.
Deep playing career with cup winning teams.
Good coaching experience - Chelsea, Spam, Pool, West Brom
West Brom results clouded by unjust pens eg Chelsea, Cardiff etc

I love the way that managers like Hoddle and Laudrup are being rubbished on here, or are being dismantled for the chasms in their technical and tactical knowledge by people with next to fuck all knowledge of the game.
What the club needs to glue the team back together is someone like Redknapp, who is first and foremost a man manager and motivator - to get the players working as a team, thinking as a unit and buying into the way the team will play. I'm not saying get him back in - but someone with that skill in large doses.
To my way of thinking we have all of the skillsets we need, we just need to imbue them with self belief and motivate them to the task in hand.
It is for this reason that my heart says Hoddle - I think he would do a great job technically, but me head says no because footballers are pampered wankers. They can suddenly decide that because the manager has not massaged their ego enough, they will play sub optimal. Hoddle is not an ego massager. (should that be maassseur?)

Thanks, I hadnt seen them. I still wonder if they are just standard platitudes a manager makes when no official approach is made.

Either way Id certainly not stick with Sherwood, at all. After Wednesday I dont fancy his chances whatsoever, perhaps he can swing it for me more on Sunday but Im not holding my breath.
How can a sensible guy like you make such a sweeping statement after ONE game that he had 24 hours to prepare for?

I should probably clarify that to find this hope I had to dig very, very deep. Not because I don't believe Sherwood's good enough but because I think even Bill Nic would struggle right now.

Agree, who ever it is has to be a wonder. He will be inheriting a reasonably talented but imbalanced and unmotivated squad. This job is not one for a novice.

Back
Top Bottom