New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, Sherwood was sacked on the 13th and according to Collomosse's artice Danny Boy is meeting with fellow directors next Monday, the 27th, to decide who their preferred candidate is - that's two bloody weeks ! If this is true (I know it's journo talk so treat it with caution) it is bordering on negligence. Everyone has known Tim was a "dead man walking" for months so why the lack of planning - fucking scandalous imo.

Hopefully all will be resolved soon with a positive appointment, whoever that is ?!

Well, the Champions League final is before the meeting, so I'm assuming the meeting will go like:

"Can we get Ancelotti?"
"No."
"Then let's get Pochettino/De Boer."

765.gif

I can't take much more of this!
Stay cool and take some deep breaths!

Totally agree about respecting other managers/clubs during the season and while Tim was still in charge. The point I was trying to make was that they don't appear to have decided who the no 1 target is - and if I'm not mistaken the season ended nearly 2 weeks ago so why all the uncertainty ?

What's the rush? We have Baldini in place running things, most of the players are on holiday, and all the club has upcoming in May is a youth tournament. As long as Levy gets the right man in before the World Cup it doesn't matter really does it.

What's the rush? We have Baldini in place running things, most of the players are on holiday, and all the club has upcoming in May is a youth tournament. As long as Levy gets the right man in before the World Cup it doesn't matter really does it.

You got it all wrong man, rush, rush, rush, who's available, when can they start, must get them in ASAP so they can turn up to an empty dressing room next week and start familiarising themselves with the facilities so when they are sacked they know where the nearest exit is.

Can someone please explain to me why FDB is a stand out candidate but Neil Lennon is the second coming of Christian Gross? As far as I can tell they have pretty comparable records. They are the biggest teams in poor leagues so they generally win them they are both poor in Europe despite occasional wins over the bigger teams. I'm not against FDB just curious as why he is favoured by so many.

I'm not against FDB just curious as why he is favoured by so many.

'cos we all secretly yearn for the day returning when Spurs is once again pronounced 'Schpursh'
...we've a long standing history with mis-pronouncing our proud name.... From Ossie's 'Tottingham' to various media and pundit's mis-use of Hotspurs ...we've been at it for decades!

Can someone please explain to me why FDB is a stand out candidate but Neil Lennon is the second coming of Christian Gross? As far as I can tell they have pretty comparable records. They are the biggest teams in poor leagues so they generally win them they are both poor in Europe despite occasional wins over the bigger teams. I'm not against FDB just curious as why he is favoured by so many.
Start on page 1 and work your way forward - there has been plenty already said, both for and against

One is a foreign hipster media favourite and the other managed in a boring Scottish league

You do the math, mate

Ajax didn't win the Eredivisie for six years before FDB came in and he won four on the trot while selling his best players every year. The six years before this three other teams won it, so there was no big rival suddenly disappearing either. And this was the first time ever Ajax won four in a row too.

Soooo not just a hipster.

I still have no idea what you are talking about or how guys in Sydney would have a clue what FDB was doing :roflmao:
Guy that I was talking to in Sydney that is a rapid Spurs fan reckons that the deal with FDB is done and has been done before he went away. Reckons the administration at Spurs is waiting for a set time to announce., once the dust has settled. He has a 50/50 track record in predicting these things, so who knows but he reckons he talks to a lot of people.

Back
Top Bottom