New Song for Pana?????

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't people sing Hava at Tel Aviv away?

Remember hearing a bloke talking about Tel Aviv and they loved Spurs' Star of David Spurs flags.

After the abuse that was aimed at fans during Lazio and West Ham I would rather not stoke the fire by encouraging thousands of gentiles to sing Jewish folk songs and give cunts like a certain Mr. Herbert fuel for his media platform. I appreciate that some feel it's the definate rthing to do, but in the current climate I reckon it's worth staying away from. I'm worried that at some point someone is going to start hassling Jews over it, which isn't fair. I realise this is probably an unpopular view, but so be it.

I'd rather just completely out sing the Greeks.

After the abuse that was aimed at fans during Lazio and West Ham I would rather not stoke the fire by encouraging thousands of gentiles to sing Jewish folk songs and give cunts like a certain Mr. Herbert fuel for his media platform. I appreciate that some feel it's the definate rthing to do, but in the current climate I reckon it's worth staying away from. I'm worried that at some point someone is going to start hassling Jews over it, which isn't fair. I realise this is probably an unpopular view, but so be it.

I'd rather just completely out sing the Greeks.

Ajax have had the same issues as us with the use of the "Y" word, their solution was to sing Hava Nagila....The point here is keeping and being prowd of our Jewish links whilst NOT useing an offensive word.

Ajax have had the same issues as us with the use of the "Y" word, their solution was to sing Hava Nagila....The point here is keeping and being prowd of our Jewish links whilst NOT useing an offensive word.
Well, I'm against the Y word for family reasons, as I've discussed on here in the past. So normally I would agree with you if there were an alternative to it. It's really just the present climate, after the two games mentioned above, and with Peter Herbert circling for further oppurtunities to cause problems and get himself in the papers, it may be better staying away from it, lest some total fuckwit starts having a go at Jews themselves in some form or another in response. At least for the time being while the iron is hot, so to speak.

The reason the 'Y' word even exists within the club is because of Tottenham's links with the Jewish community (even Herbert has admitted as much) so if we ARE going to 'Celebrate our heritage' I can't think of a better way that a bit of Hava-Nagila...

I refuse to see how THAT can be deemed offensive... whilst Jews wouldn't use the word Yid, (except when following Spurs) EVERY JEW ON EARTH HAS SUNG HAVA-NAGILA at one point in their life... that, circumcision and Smoked Salmon Beigels (with authentic Jewish pronunciation, none of this BAGEL nonsense!) are the 3 bedrocks of Judaism!

I think it's a cracking idea... it's light-hearted enough to raise a nod of appreciation at what we're actually trying to say about the whole thing... especially if we all do the dance up and down the Park lane aisle... kinda like a Jewish Poznan!

...oh, and while we're at it, we could throw in a Chair dance for good measure and we're away! (two newly-Married Jews are hoisted up on chairs and spun around the congregation - for all you gentiles out there!)

The reason the 'Y' word even exists within the club is because of Tottenham's links with the Jewish community (even Herbert has admitted as much) so if we ARE going to 'Celebrate our heritage' I can't think of a better way that a bit of Hava-Nagila...

I refuse to see how THAT can be deemed offensive... whilst Jews wouldn't use the word Yid, (except when following Spurs) EVERY JEW ON EARTH HAS SUNG HAVA-NAGILA at one point in their life... that, circumcision and Smoked Salmon Beigels (with authentic Jewish pronunciation, none of this BAGEL nonsense!) are the 3 bedrocks of Judaism!

I think it's a cracking idea... it's light-hearted enough to raise a nod of appreciation at what we're actually trying to say about the whole thing... especially if we all do the dance up and down the Park lane aisle... kinda like a Jewish Poznan!

...oh, and while we're at it, we could throw in a Chair dance for good measure and we're away! (two newly-Married Jews are hoisted up on chairs and spun around the congregation - for all you gentiles out there!)

Jewish Pozan!!!!!!! Genius!

Can see both sides of the argument here, i.e. not wishing to stoke the fire any further, however, it could be an acceptable subsitute to 'Y.A'. Looks a right laugh too!

i guess as im jewish this is more my call than anyone else
me and my dad would fucking love it if we all sung hava nagila so lets fucking do it :ade:

one thing though, how many of you goyim know all the real words :adestare:

As a gentile my opinion would appropriately count for less on the subject, though I think it's a great idea if we were to abandon the Y word. Herbert, no doubt, would find something to criticise about it. His agenda seems to be based on removing any cultural aspects from football by dressing up these aspects as racism.

As good as his intentions are, I feel he's a misguided man who's completely misrepresented the club. I am proud of Spurs fans and the overwhelming majority of them who abhor racism, though the recent press have tried to saddle us with some of the disgusting behaviour of other clubs, which in truth is well wide of the mark. I've heard some horrendous stuff at other grounds, the worst comments actually at Goodison where a number of people made no bones about shouting anti-Semitic abuse. I've heard some pretty heated stuff at the Lane, but never anything of a racist nature, but then I never considered "Yid Army" a slur, which appears to be the consensus amongst the faithful, just not the press. All of a sudden, I'll add.

I have no problem with Hava, I think it would be great to get that going around the ground.

I think "we sing what we want" is far more provocative, it implies that we can shout racial chants (I know we won't). I understand it actually means "we sing what we think is appropriate" (Yid Army) but it can certainly be misunderstood doing more harm than good.

Seriously, if this happens, added to the Greeks no doubt making themselves heard, it could be one of the greatest atmospheric nights at the Lane in a LONG time!

...i'm in if you're in... he-he, I said urine!

Back
Top Bottom