New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly - which proves my earlier point
We've already gone over this. It doesn't.

If anything, "We are not really close to anything on that at the moment" suggests the complete opposite, but I'm not going to claim that as fact either, because I don't have an agenda that I desperately need to try and prove.

Stadium naming rights is obviously not a particularly big money generator right now, or the London Stadium, famous Olympic stadium that also hosts major league baseball, concerts etc, would have got a sponsor too

Stadium naming rights is obviously not a particularly big money generator right now, or the London Stadium, famous Olympic stadium that also hosts major league baseball, concerts etc, would have got a sponsor too
30m per annum - that's massive for us - fact

Stop making excuses for his failures - he has cocked this up massively. Spinning this as a positive is laughable, much like signing noone in 2018

Yay! A trophy
The new stadium has 17 of them!

Brendon Urie Good Job GIF by Panic! At The Disco

30m per annum - that's massive for us - fact

Stop making excuses for his failures - he has cocked this up massively. Spinning this as a positive is laughable, much like signing noone in 2018
It is massive for us, but there's no evidence that anyone has offered even half that.

I'm not spinning this as anything. I don't think it's positive, but it's the reality. I'm not defending Levy (some of what he's done is great, some is awful - I prefer to have a balanced view), but I'm not gonna sit by and let you pass off your opinions that you've formed by embellishing some small comments and irrationally building up a full back story in your head, just because the mere sight of Levy's face makes steam come out of your ears.

Last edited:
Haha! 🤣

That's a really credible source, thanks. :thumbup:
The club certainly sent out prospectuses to blue-chip companies some years back.

My mate (who's an ST holder by the way) is fairly high up at a major oil multinational, a household name. He saw one of these prospectuses, reckoned it was a thing of beauty, in a brown leather portfolio embossed with the club crest.

Said multinational wasn't interested as the thrust of their sponsorship was (is) toward motor sports

The club certainly sent out prospectuses to blue-chip companies some years back.

My mate (who's an ST holder by the way) is fairly high up at a major oil multinational, a household name. He saw one of these prospectuses, reckoned it was a thing of beauty, in a brown leather portfolio embossed with the club crest.

Said multinational wasn't interested as the thrust of their sponsorship was (is) toward motor sports
Even with that knowledge it'll probably be said that Levy didn't do enough.

Back
Top Bottom