Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
31 year old Erikson is being paid 150K per week on a 3 year deal until 2025.

34 year old Perisic is being paid 180K per week on a two year deal until 2024.

Both were free transfers. Perisic older and arguably plays in more physically demanding position so Erikson not really on massive sums.

Conte just hates creative players so didn’t wanted Erikson I’m guessing.

Agree on Antony - just a stupid overpay - and Casemiro - big transfer fee for 31 year old tho he has really made United’s midfield better.

Salary wasn't the big spend on Eriksen, it was the sign-on bonus he wanted.

If you average out the 12m sign-on he demanded plus the weekly that's a lot of money for 3 years.

Btw, I wish we had brought Eriksen in. I am not here saying Conte whose wisely. Trippier would have been great this season as well.

I am saying Ten Hag has underachieved with a win-now squad.

Agree.

Their style of football is massively overrated
What ETH has done at United could be a preview of what we go through next year with an attacking/pressing manager.

United squad not suited to pressing/attacking football. Ragnick flailed badly trying to get United to play on the front foot last season. United have been a counter attacking team for a while.

Ten Haag tried to press and play out from the back with disastrous results at the beginning of season. So he’s adjusted and mixed/matched tactics depending on opponent and as players learn.

Ten Haag had alot of issues to deal with - DeGea’s distribution worse than Hugo’s/MaGuire can’t play a high line/Ronaldo couldn’t press/McFred can’t distribute from the midfield and so on and so forth. Ten Haag has done pretty well considering. Also helped that he’s been able to bring in Martinez, Casemiro and Erikson - tho any injuries means he’s back to Maguire and McFred. Time willl tell whether Ten Haag’s United push on as they bring in more suitable players.

Anyway, whoever becomes our manager is going have similar round hold/square peg issues with our players if he wants to press/play out the back and be on the front foot. The ability to be tactically flexible going to be important in the beginning.

Salary wasn't the big spend on Eriksen, it was the sign-on bonus he wanted.

If you average out the 12m sign-on he demanded plus the weekly that's a lot of money for 3 years.

Btw, I wish we had brought Eriksen in. I am not here saying Conte whose wisely. Trippier would have been great this season as well.

I am saying Ten Hag has underachieved with a win-now squad.
Didn’t know about the sign on bonus - that’s like an extra 80k a week spread over 3 years so fair enuf - it is a lot of money/high salary.

Agree with you on still wishing we’d brought him in - same with Trippier.

What ETH has done at United could be a preview of what we go through next year with an attacking/pressing manager.

United squad not suited to pressing/attacking football. Ragnick flailed badly trying to get United to play on the front foot last season. United have been a counter attacking team for a while.

Ten Haag tried to press and play out from the back with disastrous results at the beginning of season. So he’s adjusted and mixed/matched tactics depending on opponent and as players learn.

Ten Haag had alot of issues to deal with - DeGea’s distribution worse than Hugo’s/MaGuire can’t play a high line/Ronaldo couldn’t press/McFred can’t distribute from the midfield and so on and so forth. Ten Haag has done pretty well considering. Also helped that he’s been able to bring in Martinez, Casemiro and Erikson - tho any injuries means he’s back to Maguire and McFred. Time willl tell whether Ten Haag’s United push on as they bring in more suitable players.

Anyway, whoever becomes our manager is going have similar round hold/square peg issues with our players if he wants to press/play out the back and be on the front foot. The ability to be tactically flexible going to be important in the beginning.

ETH is loads of hype and massively overrated results.

Has that ever been confirmed outside of one Daily Mail story? I remember at the time all the coverage was that he wasn't keen on taking the job.

Fair enough if that's the case though.

It was pretty much confirmed by a lot of sources at the time that they weren't convinced by him, thought he was a bit aloof and only wanted to bring 1 member of staff with him from Ajax, also apparently he requested the sale of Kane as well.

He definitely wanted to come to the club.

Back
Top Bottom