Next season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mainly wanting some info on any 1882 movements for next season. Have you got any planned for the summer or are you still waiting to find out fixtures? I know this isn't directed towards the TFC lads but I also want to know if any forum users have anything planned, thanks.

The one silver lining to the (if you believe the British football press) "DOOM AND GLOOM CLOUD OF HAVING TO STOOP SO LOW AND SETTLE FOR EUROPA LEAGUE OBLIVION" is that there will be a fair few early group games that will be RIPE for the '1882' picking... much as this morning hurts... the Champions League is NOT the be-all and end all of football... there are 81 OTHER English clubs who have NEVER once set foot in that bastardisation of a money-printing competition... and yet they're all just fine (apart from the ones about to go bust!)

....also, at least WHL will have that many fewer bandwagon jumping, autograph hunting, camera clicking, Champions League glory chasing, half-and-half scarf wearing 'newbie' fan to clog up the ground with!

BACK TO THE OLD DAYS*, WHEN FOOTBALL WAS HONEST, AND GOOD!

(*ahem, apart from the mindless violence, and lack of skill level bit! ...that wasn't so good!)

The problem is with pre season friendlies is that they are usually well attended because everyone gets twitchy from not going to/watching football for an extended period.

I try and do every pre season (Within a 100 mile radius)

Also, there would be nothing to play for in a pre season game so there would be no bants with the other set of fans..

Back
Top Bottom