Next Seasons Kit Sponsor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AIA Or HP ?

• Total voters
For the record, was not around for the Holsten days, but I say we need to churn up some sort of alcohol sponsor instead of this boring corporate shit.

I sure as fuck can identify more with a pint than some building in Shanghai that deals out whole and term life insurance.

Life Insurance!

How fucking utterly depressing.

Where's my rum and pineapple juice......

ah there we are.....

*SIP*

Ah.....that's it. Now where was I?

For fuck sake, can we can find something sexier than this for 12 milllion?

:levylol:

Wipe the smirk off Levy, NOW.

THIS IS BULLSHIT.

MORE RUM PUNCH NOW PLEASE THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Wow... somebody just discovered the FONT COLOUR OPTION BUTTON!

jCp9jgm.png

DOUBLE RAINBOW! What does this mean?

I just find it amazing that a multi-million pound company can't get a logo that doens't look like it has been designed by a child.

What, so it doesn't look like someone has just found an old plain Spurs shirt and made a logo from Red insulation tape? I thought it was supposed to be in the style something a parent would make after suddenly realizing it was 'World Book Day' and that their child needs to be dressed in a costume for school which starts in 10 minutes.

Companies have simple logos so that you remember it.. Its basic advertising, no point having some fancy bullshit, get home 10 minutes later and can remember the squiggles but not the name of the company

Companies have simple logos so that you remember it.. Its basic advertising, no point having some fancy bullshit, get home 10 minutes later and can remember the squiggles but not the name of the company

And that works well as, for example AIG have had a very basic font and logo on Manchester United's shirts for nearly 8 years now and I have no idea what they do or whether or not I would ever buy a product from them.

Also funny about football shirt advertising, is the fact I have avoided JVC and Samsung products wherever possible in my lifetime, and should I ever be in the market for life insurance I would avoid AIA because of their dirty red shit on our lovely Lillywhite shirts!!

With that in mind, and given the absolute fortunes spend on advertising by most companies...does it even work?

Quick poll...who went out and brought a Vauxhall on the back of them becoming the sponsors of the England team?

And that works well as, for example AIG have had a very basic font and logo on Manchester United's shirts for nearly 8 years now and I have no idea what they do or whether or not I would ever buy a product from them.

Just a quickie (being serious), you surely must know their association with Michael Jackson? It was widely publicised

They're going to be 'red' in colour because it is an asian colour and red is the "lucky" colour is asia (see also Cardiff City uproar).

Personally, I'm really less concerned with details like the colour of our sponsor's name. Should we boycott the national flag also, as it has red in that too?

When we successfully win the title year upon year until it gets boring, then I might we concerned about things like that tbh. Like has been mentioned, we had Thomson and Mansion for years in Red - used to it by now.

They're going to be 'red' in colour because it is an asian colour and red is the "lucky" colour is asia (see also Cardiff City uproar).

Personally, I'm really less concerned with details like the colour of our sponsor's name. Should we boycott the national flag also, as it has red in that too?

When we successfully win the title year upon year until it gets boring, then I might we concerned about things like that tbh. Like has been mentioned, we had Thomson and Mansion for years in Red - used to it by now.

I think this is a well-made point. Why should we surrender the color of red to Woolwich alone? In my rationalization of this, I think these shirts say in big letters, "Fuck you Arse, you can't even have your color."

I think this is a well-made point. Why should we surrender the color of red to Woolwich alone? In my rationalization of this, I think these shirts say in big letters, "Fuck you Arse, you can't even have your color."

Y'see, now I disagree with this...but I'll be fucked if I'm going to put a red 'x' on the page to state as much.
Yes, I am a little over the top with my dislike of things red (it may or may not be Woolwich related, I can't say for certain) but a case in point, some years ago I went to buy a new motorbike, specifically a Ducati. As you may or may not know, Ducati's colour is Red, therefore there were a few in the showroom and I was able to ride away on a Red Ducati that very morning! ...yet it was a week later when I rode away on a shiny new Yellow Ducati.

EDIT: and disagreeing with this for the sake of putting a red 'x' is not big or clever!

Y'see, now I disagree with this...but I'll be fucked if I'm going to put a red 'x' on the page to state as much.
Yes, I am a little over the top with my dislike of things red (it may or may not be Woolwich related, I can't say for certain) but a case in point, some years ago I went to buy a new motorbike, specifically a Ducati. As you may or may not know, Ducati's colour is Red, therefore there were a few in the showroom and I was able to ride away on a Red Ducati that very morning! ...yet it was a week later when I rode away on a shiny new Yellow Ducati.

EDIT: and disagreeing with this for the sake of putting a red 'x' is not big or clever!

See "my rationalization of..." i.e. trying to make the best of it. But I hope that Ducati's been good to ya ;)

I might be in the minority, but I would actually choose our sponsor's product or service as long as the comparative quality is there, even if it might cost a bit more. Unfortunately, I find HP's products to be generally meh.

I'm not so bothered about a red logo, per se, but more about the overall look. I'm sure there must be some awful logos out there.

watermark.php

i want to red x this soooo bad...

Back
Top Bottom