Next Seasons Kit Sponsor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AIA Or HP ?

• Total voters
Dont Soccer Teams have sponsors on their shirts too ?
Yeah and baseball.

Look, the Yankees are sponsored by New York:

New%20York%20Yankees%20jerseys.jpg

Being Levy i would have thought he would have waited until the end of the season to see if we get Champions League or even better because it is only 12million a season with AIA.We have not really gone anywhere money wise since 2006 when Mansion had a four year deal with us worth 36 million.And the last three years we have had 3 different sponsors on the front of our shirts and is getting a bit boring now

True. But really who cares? I rather have a stadium called Lucas Oil Stadium than walking around in a jersey with their corporate logo on it. And also not all stadiums have corporate sponsors. Ex: Soldier Field, Fenway Park, the Rose Bowl
I disagree with that, but only if (big if) the logo actually fits the shirt, and doesn't stand out like a sore thumb .

Lol @ moley moley for thinking Levy puts fans before profit. Disagree all you want sweetheart I don't have to argue the fact I'm right and you're wrong.

#wheresthenegrepgone

:levylol:
That's not what I disagreed with. Taking free money over having to work for money gains a better profit margin, fuck the revenue, base on that and you'll sink.

For the record, was not around for the Holsten days, but I say we need to churn up some sort of alcohol sponsor instead of this boring corporate shit.

I sure as fuck can identify more with a pint than some building in Shanghai that deals out whole and term life insurance.

Life Insurance!

How fucking utterly depressing.

Where's my rum and pineapple juice......

ah there we are.....

*SIP*

Ah.....that's it. Now where was I?

For fuck sake, can we can find something sexier than this for 12 milllion?

:levylol:

Wipe the smirk off Levy, NOW.

THIS IS BULLSHIT.

MORE RUM PUNCH NOW PLEASE THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Tbh I'd prefer they took the highest amount possible from sponsors if it means we remain competitive on the pitch.

Another one that buys into this bullshit.

For the sake of £12 Million a year I'd rather we not blight our shirt with a commercial brand nothing to do with us in a shameless show of whoring out your soul for money. What's wrong with having just a technical sponsor who also happen to pay us a small fortune, in this case Under Armour, who manufacture the kits and have their logo discreetly placed opposite the cockerel?

Just because nigh on every other club does it these days doesn't make it right. Surely there has to come a point when having no sponsor on your kit will be more beneficial for the club's own brand and identity and will also generate more money through kit sales?

We might as well call ourself AIA FC and rename White Hart Lane while we are at it if all you care about is money generated to buy more players. Supporting a football club to me is more about success - heaven knows being a spurs fan you have to think this way!

On this point, I personally would like to see FIFA or UEFA bring in a rule banning shirt sponsors. The do it for national teams and they should bring it down to club level. Modern football has no need for shirt sponsors, there is an absurd amount of money in professional football and there is no actual need for it.

It will also act as a great leveller across divisions by making resources more even as at the moment clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc make so much more money through shirt sponsorships compared to clubs like Norwich and Hull. In theory this should make all leagues more competitive and this can only be a good thing. Shirt sponsorhips are only good for keeping the elite clubs richer and further away from the rest.

On this point, I personally would like to see FIFA or UEFA bring in a rule banning shirt sponsors. The do it for national teams and they should bring it down to club level. Modern football has no need for shirt sponsors, there is an absurd amount of money in professional football and there is no actual need for it.

It will also act as a great leveller across divisions by making resources more even as at the moment clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc make so much more money through shirt sponsorships compared to clubs like Norwich and Hull. In theory this should make all leagues more competitive and this can only be a good thing. Shirt sponsorhips are only good for keeping the elite clubs richer and further away from the rest.

Same could be said about any kind of sponsorship / advertising.

If you are going down that route then you have to go the whole hog and do what they do with the NFL (i think) drafting players and all that.

For a company that are considering to invest £12m a year surely they can get some bugger to use their imagination and come up with a decent logo / colour scheme ..

Post your efforts here - @ Flav Flav & @ spooky spooky will judge them & pass them on.

Good luck kids

Say what you will about AIA but we don't know that the Logo will be in red next season.

AIA also have Spurs on their website front page too, even though they're currently only sponsoring cup kits. It's quite nice to have a sponsor that is actually rather proud and excited to sponsor us

Every picture features Jermain Defoe though.......someone should probably break it too them

:walkercry:

Another one that buys into this bullshit.

For the sake of £12 Million a year I'd rather we not blight our shirt with a commercial brand nothing to do with us in a shameless show of whoring out your soul for money. What's wrong with having just a technical sponsor who also happen to pay us a small fortune, in this case Under Armour, who manufacture the kits and have their logo discreetly placed opposite the cockerel?

Just because nigh on every other club does it these days doesn't make it right. Surely there has to come a point when having no sponsor on your kit will be more beneficial for the club's own brand and identity and will also generate more money through kit sales?

We might as well call ourself AIA FC and rename White Hart Lane while we are at it if all you care about is money generated to buy more players. Supporting a football club to me is more about success - heaven knows being a spurs fan you have to think this way!

I completely agree in principle but that ship has well and truly sailed, and we were one of the first clubs to up anchor.....

Analogy: Nailed.

I just find it amazing that a multi-million pound company can't get a logo that doens't look like it has been designed by a child.

Back
Top Bottom