No More Rep...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Case said:
Thelonious Filth said:
so you're repping the poster and not the post? Not sure I like that.

edit: didn't mean that to come across arsey! :laugh: It was my immediate reaction!

Where did you think the rep went before? I can move the buttons to be under the post if you like.
Because the buttons were under the poster and not the post, I thought it was just a general rating for the poster. Makes sense now.

If anyone actually has an idea of what their reputation was before, post it in here.

EDIT: Actually, fuck that idea. Sorry, we'll have to start again.

I gave some rep but can't give any more so soon after giving the last which was about 15 minutes ago. Seems harsh as some of the rep I've tried to give out is better than the rep I did give out. Spooky benefited from me reading one of his posts before others.

tbf, and maybe it's just me, but I don't understand the value of 'rep'.

Of course I am a cynical bastard, and feel that the validation of my comments by other people are by the response (or lack thereof in most cases) to any points I make. Whether anyone put's rep on it is neither here nor there.

It also has the potential to encourage troll like behavious for any passing muppets with an agenda, as they have a visual scale of how much impact they are having.

You only have to look at beb and daily fail comments section to realise there is a danger that the validation isn't necessarily founded on the quality of the comment sometimes.

Of course this is TFC and Case's baby, so you go for what ever works for you.

But what has already been abundantly clear is that Sibs has won at interweb skillz, Thelonius is prolific, and TehTrunk is clearly busy at something else. Probably Ricky's Mum.

This is already a nice little environment where all sorts of opinions and views are exchanged, without cliques or cliches currently.

Hat's off again to Case, I am continually amazed by the time and effort many have already put into what is still effectively an unpaid forum.

Cheers, tricky.

Yea, it's just a forum feature. Some people like it, others don't. It's never going to hold any real value. Sibs pointed out that at first it gave him a reason to hang around as he noticed people were appreciating what he was adding to the site. I guess stuff like that makes it worthwhile.

You can always go to your UCP > Board Preferences and tick the box to 'Hide my reputation' if you like. :thumbup:

...then no one will ever know that you are teh intrawebz n00b!

Prob for the best, I'm only usually good for one or two worth while comments a year. Think I'm spent.

I do think the forum 'tone' has hopefully more to do with encouraging people than rep. Ben is another example, it might take a while for a thread to kick off, but once it does people tend to just run with it.

And to be fair even Flav, Spooky, Thelonius, Dan, Trunk, Al and Ricky's honesty and humour, for what it's worth, on the podcast encourages the 'right' behaviour (well from most people anyway) even if they are all a bunch of a cunts and that 'right' behaviour includes sodomy, gang rape and Ryan Gosling.

Please don't hate me for this Case, but where can people see who has the most, previously it was next to the control panel button?

^ negative rep given.

Yea, that was the old one. This new one had a list at the bottom of the forum that you asked me to remove :harrylol:

Back
Top Bottom