Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A quick google shows this is not true. Even from January 2022. Do you have a source?
Clear as mud actually, as the spirit contradicts the rule.

From IFAB

Law 14 – The Penalty Kick: position of the

goalkeeper
1. Procedure
Amended text
(…) When the ball is kicked, the defending goalkeeper must have at least part of
one foot touching, or in line with, or behind, the goal line.
Explanation
Previously, the goalkeeper was required to have part of at least one foot on/
above the goal line at the moment when a penalty kick (or kick from the penalty
mark) was taken. Consequently, if the goalkeeper had one foot in front of the
goal line and one behind it, this was technically an offence even though no unfair
advantage is gained. The text has been amended to avoid such a position being
penalised.
Explanation of this amendment should emphasise that the ‘spirit’ of the Law
requires the goalkeeper to have both feet on/above the line until the moment
when the kick is taken, i.e. the goalkeeper may not stand behind (or in front of)

For all the abuse he gets from certain quarters , he can’t be doing so bad . Fair play to him for hanging in there

At least he knows his limitations and today he was quite steady whereas Royal clearly doesn’t and thinks he’s something he’s not

Sess must realise he’s shit

Just because a tosser like Powson and and an even bigger tosser on Var like Attwell didn’t think it was a red shouldn’t influence anyone or anything

They were crap today and the handball leading to our penalty was a nailed on red imv

Ok, well I didn't think it was a red either. Not dangerous.

I thought they did OK considering they're Forest & that it was probably a red card for the handball.

Just rewatched majority of the game and forest are a dirty side.
A bravery ref would've handed out a couple refs today not Inc the handball.

Guess we'll just consider that Chelsea karma repaid

Yeah.. the whole commentary team got on Ricky's case for going over earlier.. the replay, which they all looked at CLEARLY showed he caught a forest players heel directly into his nuts... The arseholes just chose to completely ignore it and just carried on with the macho ' not in my day' he's diving bullshit ..
That’s Carragher in a nutshell , he does my head in

He stopped him from wanting to showboat. I don't get how it was dangerous foul play and apparently nor did the referee or VAR team who didn't even give it a check.
Behave. Richarlison stopped it himself. Before the "assault," he'd already passed the ball off twice, he was clattered after that. You keep talking like he was in mid keepy uppy when he got levelled, but it was well after that.

And yes, its petulance. I'm not agreeing with it, I'm saying it's to be expected & I reckon Romero (or some of our other players) react in the same way, so I'm not about to pearl clutch over it. Richarlison is a player who loves winding teams up & who has gone in hard and dangerous on other players more than once.
You are agreeing with it though. You're on record stating that you'd "expect" our players to do the same.
As for the "pearl clutch" remarks and saying Richarlison has done it himself, firstly, don't be so condescending. By the laws of the game, what he did was dangerous foul play. It was a premeditated foul which is a Red card offence. Richarlison may have done similar himself, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. I'm pretty sure that when he did do it in the past most, if not all, were saying it was a Red card offence. Were you accusing all and sundry of "pearl clutching" then?
We've got players who play on the edge & do questionable things sometimes so I'm not gonna cry over a bit of the same back .. nobody was outraged when Romero dragged Cucurella down by his hair last week.
Maybe not, but the majority agreed he could, and should, have got a Red card for it. There was a big media outcry for that at the time, but now that same media condone this?

And you're backing it up.

Sometimes you have to reassess your standpoint when you are clearly wrong. You really shouldn't need to much more evidence to show you this.

Behave. Richarlison stopped it himself. Before the "assault," he'd already passed the ball off twice, he was clattered after that. You keep talking like he was in mid keepy uppy when he got levelled, but it was well after that.

You are agreeing with it though. You're on record stating that you'd "expect" our players to do the same.
As for the "pearl clutch" remarks and saying Richarlison has done it himself, firstly, don't be so condescending. By the laws of the game, what he did was dangerous foul play. It was a premeditated foul which is a Red card offence. Richarlison may have done similar himself, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. I'm pretty sure that when he did do it in the past most, if not all, were saying it was a Red card offence. Were you accusing all and sundry of "pearl clutching" then?

Maybe not, but the majority agreed he could, and should, have got a Red card for it. There was a big media outcry for that at the time, but now that same media condone this?

Sometimes you have to reassess your standpoint when you are clearly wrong. You really shouldn't need to much more evidence to show you this.

Hence why I said stopped him doing it more ... he let him know he wouldn't tolerate it.

No I'm not. I'd expect our players to do it means if I had to bet on it, I'd say they would. It doesn't mean I'd want them to do it necessarily. And no, it wasn't a red card by the laws of the game at all, hence why NOBODY who was on the VAR team looked at it. And I bet when 'ref watch' analyses the incident the ex-referee won't think its a red card either.

It wasn't dangerous, it was a late challenge where he takes the player out. Yellow card & move on. Most might have reluctantly said the Romero incident was a red, but also that they enjoy the fact we're ready to deploy the dark arts now. Some people celebrated it!

Majority where? On here? A Spurs forum? Loads also agreed with me! On a platform which is obviously going to be biased in favour of the Spurs player! The commentary team, referee, VAR team & everyone else agreed with me!

I'm not clearly wrong at all & I'm not going to be pressured in to saying I am just because you disagree with me. You're entitled to view the incident however you wish, I've said my piece on it. I've never seen so much made of so little.

FbRSdgxWIAAINuA
Me love you long time…

Don’t waste your breath. That dude is a Woolwich fan

Back
Top Bottom