Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Des Walker Derby

Walker got released from Spurs because he refused to get a haircut at Bill Nicholson's behest and went on to become the greatest English defender of his generation.

Letting him go however turned out to be an absolute stroke of genius by Nicholson as Walker scored the own goal that won us the Fa cup in 1991.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that harry7 has a bad feeling about this one.

Well, they aren't to be underestimated. This will be the first time Forest has played a 'top side' in years (decades?) and they will want to put in a good performance in front of their home fans.

Cup final performance from Forest. Can Conte get our guys to give enough?

:contehandshead:

Well, they aren't to be underestimated. This will be the first time Forest has played a 'top side' in years (decades?) and they will want to put in a good performance in front of their home fans.

Cup final performance from Forest. Can Conte get our guys to give enough?

:contehandshead:
I would be very surprised if the expectations at Hotspur Way was anything other than 3 points.

I would be very surprised if the expectations at Hotspur Way was anything other than 3 points.

There are no easy 3 points in the EPL.

Well, we only won 9 of our 19 AWAY games away last season. Dropping what we would have assumed as 3 pointers to Saints, Everton, Burnley, Brentford, Palace

There are no easy 3 points in the EPL.

Well, we only won 9 of our 19 AWAY games away last season. Dropping what we would have assumed as 3 pointers to Saints, Everton, Burnley, Brentford, Palace
GIF by Sixt

Another hard game incoming.

I think the concerns are fair about starting slowly and not being on the front foot enough.

I guess it's also a matter of how we soak up the pressure or deal with any lack of possession.

We have certain types of players to fit into Conte's preferred system.. I am not even sure that if we had the best two central midfielders out there that it could be hugely different.

If we want expansive football it ain't happening but equally I think we have a style of play the players are comfortable with and trust.

I think we will win this comfortably. Forest will come at us and we have the quality to pick them off. Just need to weather the storm at the start with the crowd really up for it. 3-0 Spurs.

I think Conte makes changes for this game. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see Doherty, Bissouma, Sess and Richy start.

Then back to the same team as Wolves v Wet Spam. And then changes again against Fulham before we have a CL game and City. It's time to see what the squad's made of.

It's a USA insult.

I've always used 'sap' to mean a gullible or weak person (as in 'sapped' of strength). Probably is a more American term though, a more British version being 'sop' (as in 'milksop')

More often or not when I've heard 'sap' used on the other side of the pond, it's to describe someone who is being overly and overtly romantic (sappy). Again, i think a more British version being 'soppy'.

Last edited:
I think Conte makes changes for this game. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see Doherty, Bissouma, Sess and Richy start.

Then back to the same team as Wolves v Wet Spam. And then changes again against Fulham before we have a CL game and City. It's time to see what the squad's made of.
Yew may be right, but yew might be barking up the wrong tree, feller. I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll win this with our usual line-up, touch wood.

God, I'm missing Skipp in our 1st eleven (no puns here - just real emotion!).

Back
Top Bottom