Now that the CL is gone, is it better for us to miss out on the EL?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now that the CL is gone. Do you want us to qualify for the Europa League?

• Yes, Europa league is worth qualifying for and trying to win

Votes: 66 62.9%
  • No, Europa league will hinder our chances of getting back into the Top 4

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Don't care as long as we finish above Woolwich this season

Votes: 18 17.1%

• Total voters
3 more Spurs games. I know this might sound crazy but I like watching Spurs play games.
More chances for the Academy players.
Arse winning pissed me off but extra games - no problemo.

Yeah, you're right, we'll be up against the likes of Motherwell and Shamrock Rovers and the list of teams in the next round are this lot...

Yep. It won't be anyone good at this stage. The teams with a coefficient score of 5.5ish or more will be seeded so no PSV etc.

I'm ok with qualifying games tbh - just means meaningful games rather than a boring, pointless friendly
Yeah what could go wrong... Kane playing every minute in a season which when over will have been the end of 2 years of continous football... away on fake turf in Eastern Europe against hatchet men.

Absolutely FUCKED is what it is.

Play the kids.

Yeah what could go wrong... Kane playing every minute in a season which when over will have been the end of 2 years of continous football... away on fake turf in Eastern Europe against hatchet men.

Play the kids.

Europa is a tournament we could win, so we should (and will because Jose loves it) takes it seriously.

Don't ever post on this forum you snowflakey little bitch

Champion league finalist's to this in l year.
That is some motherfucking achievement .
Nobody else in the sweet lords house could do that.

When there are 7 or 8 teams fighting for 4 spots someone has to miss out. Especially when one of them is guaranteed to be there as they are owned by an oil state.

We barely crawled in the top 4 last season anyway, this drop to the EL should be a wake up call. We didn’t build that stadium to play in this competition. The team needs more quality and our rivals are spending money, we need to get on with it.

We barely crawled in the top 4 last season anyway, this drop to the EL should be a wake up call. We didn’t build that stadium to play in this competition. The team needs more quality and our rivals are spending money, we need to get on with it.
Brother that ain't the master plan . We are stuck in a land of emptiness , it's the road them above have chosen

The people on this forum sometimes, jeez. Lads, we’ve won two trophies in almost 30 years and they’ve been the Mickey Mouse cups. In the 65 years of the Champions League/European Cup, we have made it to one final, and lost. Any Spurs fan who snubs their noses at a Europa League trophy is a fool.

Advantages to winning the Europa League:

1) Plus £40m in revenue - nothing compared to the CL but that could buy us at least one very decent player
2) Winning the Europa League gets us into the CL the following season and as top seeds which improves our chances of getting out of the group stage and potentially winning it which may mean an easier first round knockout tie
3) To win a bloody trophy and a European trophy no less. A win would put us as joint second in the records for number of Europa League trophies won. I’ll take that
4) Automatically have another whack at another trophy, the Super Cup which means more prize money and a trophy!
5) keep our star players specifically Kane.

I realize the CL doesn’t have the same prestige and we will have to play in a whopping 18 games to win it but that’s a lot of advantages to winning it. I think it should be the priority for next season

Play the kids.
If we can't build a squad good enough to handle Europa cup matches, we don't deserve champions league football. We need a quality striker to rotate with Kane and I'm not talking about Wilson.

Back
Top Bottom