Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
The whole notion of Nuno being a black manager seems to have gone almost entirely un-discussed which is a little odd.

It doesn’t seem to be something Nuno himself seeks to discuss, which is his right I suppose.

And he of course identifies as Portuguese and played internationally for Portugal despite being born and raised in then-independent Sao Tome and Principe.

Well, we hardly knew ye on that and many other levels.

Why should he.....?

No doubt the guy wants to be seen as a football manager; not a curiosity.

Last edited:
It was always doomed to fail. And after reading the athletic article even became more obvious. Nuno won’t ever do well in a big club with that attitude. And I still don’t know where the “he is a nice person” comes from. He strikes me has arrogant and condescending.

It was always doomed to fail. And after reading the athletic article even became more obvious. Nuno won’t ever do well in a big club with that attitude. And I still don’t know where the “he is a nice person” comes from. He strikes me has arrogant and condescending.
My guess this "nice person" seems to come from he's not being confrontal: with players, with refs, with oppositions, and especially with his bosses.

Like everything in life, there is always another side for either positive and negative. This can be seen as not engaging with the players, the supporters, while being timid against opposition, and a yes man for bad bosses.

My guess this "nice person" seems to come from he's not being confrontal: with players, with refs, with oppositions, and especially with his bosses.

Like everything in life, there is always another side for either positive and negative. This can be seen as not engaging with the players, the supporters, while being timid against opposition, and a yes man for bad bosses.
He literally didn’t speak with the players. What the fuck was he thinking?

He literally didn’t speak with the players. What the fuck was he thinking?
He was thinking he wanted a break from football but out of nowhere came these dumb cunts waving £14m in his face, he didn't want to be here, couldn't wait to get sacked and claim his compo, and he comes out of it looking like a dignified victim due to having the personality of a cabbage that's been boiled, brought to simmer for 20 minutes and then left on the side forgotten about for 5 days...

Don't have any real resentment towards him, he was just totally out of his depth and should never have been appointed.

However, he walks away with a good, few million for doing not very much so i don't really think he's going to lose any sleep and nor should anybody else.

Seems like a good guy, I wish him well. I actually think he's a decent coach given the right project as well. Nice fat payoff no doubt but after only four months in a high profile job your self esteem must take a little bit of a hit surely unless you absolutely don't give a care whatsoever about your job or reputation, which you would or else you wouldn't be in that position in the first place.

Hopefully he goes somewhere else and succeeds at a club more suited to him. It became obvious pretty quickly it wasn't going to work out here. I blame the board more for appointing him in the first place - it's not Nuno's fault we're a dysfunctional mess. But they MIGHT redeem themselves with Conte...watch this space...

All I know is that those who were vitriolic and insulting to a bloke who tried but was eminently out of his depth was shameful.

There are some posters on here who belie their so called intelligence and are nothing more than online bullies in my opinion.

Hopefully Santo is not too tarnished by his experience but he was destined to fail from the very start and maybe his biggest mistake was taking the role.

I wish him all the best but it seems like he really had no idea what he was doing. There are multiple articles out there that go into how he never spoke to players or anyone else, didn’t prepare for games in any detail to the extent that players had no idea about the tactics or lineup when they were on the bus heading to the game, had bizarre training drills that had attackers playing as defenders, just crazy stuff.

If that’s the way he always works then it’s incredible he’s made it this far.

Back
Top Bottom