Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
Some of you guys are so obsessed with Levy, that they think every every fucking thing coming out of Spurs is Levy propaganda...the guy is so busy fucking up transfers that he's no time for all that other shit too...

100%.

It is so fcuking boring. Sure Levy clearly makes things less easy at times but the conspiracy theories abound far too much.

Fuck it even if I don't rate him too highly right now, at least he seems keen on fitness and aggression. Just with those principles of hard work and running into the ground it will make us better, if nothing else.

Fuck it even if I don't rate him too highly right now, at least he seems keen on fitness and aggression. Just with those principles of hard work and running into the ground it will make us better, if nothing else.
Fakkin run about a bit innit?
charlie hunnam fight GIF

Nah, jokes aside you are right, we lacked a bit of physicality last season under Maureen

Wolves looked a fit side to be fair. Whoever was programming Traore's gym routine knows a thing or 2. Rarely seen a footballer transform their physique like that. Just shows what can be done with some athletic potential and good training.

Now if Nuno can teach them to play football as well that would be a bonus.

Fun fact: Nuno is Mendes first ever client. They met at a Night Club in Portugal managed by Mendes (who was also one of the resident DJ's there, where he played Techno and House. Nuno asked him on this night of their first time meeting to represent him in the negotiations he was currently having over his contract, Mendes got him signed by the Club.
(this has been mentioned on here before hasn't it!)
That’s kind of amazing.

On Bale; "He will not be part of our squad."

"I believe that we have a very good squad – a talented squad with good players. They need improvement of course because I believe that every player can become better," he said.

"At the same time, I believe at the same time it is not easy to improve our squad but we need to, so we need to be very clinical on the players that join us and can help us...

"Yes, we need to bring in some things that we don't already have. We have to bring in people who besides being a good player is a good human being because that is where everything starts."

On not being first choice;

"I cannot speak about what happened. What I can tell you is that I am so proud," he said. "The moment I had the phone call that I had a chance to have a meeting with Tottenham, everything changed. Everything in my perspective changed.

"I am where I wanted to be. Where I wished to be. So this is what I’m delighted of.

"The concerns around the club, it’s normal. All the expectations around big clubs are huge and you have to be prepared for that, but the way you prepare yourself is to ignore all the noise, focus on the things you have to control and what I can control is to prepare the players and this is what I’m doing on a daily basis. Every moment of the training session I’m looking to find the best way."

On Bale; "He will not be part of our squad."

"I believe that we have a very good squad – a talented squad with good players. They need improvement of course because I believe that every player can become better," he said.

"At the same time, I believe at the same time it is not easy to improve our squad but we need to, so we need to be very clinical on the players that join us and can help us...

"Yes, we need to bring in some things that we don't already have. We have to bring in people who besides being a good player is a good human being because that is where everything starts."

On not being first choice;

"I cannot speak about what happened. What I can tell you is that I am so proud," he said. "The moment I had the phone call that I had a chance to have a meeting with Tottenham, everything changed. Everything in my perspective changed.

"I am where I wanted to be. Where I wished to be. So this is what I’m delighted of.

"The concerns around the club, it’s normal. All the expectations around big clubs are huge and you have to be prepared for that, but the way you prepare yourself is to ignore all the noise, focus on the things you have to control and what I can control is to prepare the players and this is what I’m doing on a daily basis. Every moment of the training session I’m looking to find the best way."
Spoken like a true one-season manager.

It's the style we want for sure. The question is whether our key players are still capable to play this style.

Poch didn't intentionally change our team dynamism in his final 2 seasons. The key players just burned out. There is no going back, but only workaround it.

Unless we made several good signings by the end of the transfer window, I'm not optimistic. Nuno is well capable for Mourinho-esque football when he gets cornered and choose to abandon his ideals.

I think most have been underwhelmed by NES appointment (including me) but then when Poch joined there were some similarities. I’m not saying he is going to be Poch 2.0 but I’m going to give the guy a chance and anyway, what choice do we have?

Back
Top Bottom