Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So far from post match posts I have gleaned that it's time for Poch to go. Davies, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Dele, Ndombele are shit and Kane isn't the player he was. Poch is tactially inept and we have no offensive tactics.

Glad every one is being level headed. I hate it when people knee-jerk.

That about sums it up mate.

Eriksen was shit tonight though to be fair. I haven't been on the thread during the game so I don't know what other peoples views were, but I'd have hooked Chris, pushed Dele central and had Sonny wide from about 60/65 mins.

It seems a bit obvious that we are becoming reliant on players playing out of their skin when the tactics don't work now. There's is no plan B. No shift in play or alternative option.
There is no plan B when Plan A is to keep Rose and Serge, first choice LB n RB in London, play CD as RB, start out of sorts Dele and drop Son. That's 4 outfield players downgraded out of 10 in an away CL game.

Like the Woolwich game, it always sucks blowing a 2-0 lead, but I won't lose any sleep over a draw here. Bayern is clear favourites to win the group now, but we should have the second spot in our hands quite comfortably.
Please don't tempt fate....complacency can be deadly.

And if I were KWP I demand a fucking transfer in January.

Fuck! ...I didn't see the bench before the game and assumed he wasn't fit yet. :lamelashock:

Jeeez Poch; what you up to?

....To think we nearly sold Aurier as well as Trippier.

A good hard won point in Athens is a decent start to our campaign
That was the furthest thing from a 'good hard won point' I could possibly think of though mate, that is the problem. Some horrible individual and collective performances, very lucky to get the 2-0 lead and then just let it wash away, as we are seemingly becoming accustomed to.

We are playing consistently poor football, with the first half against Palace excluded, and seemingly nothing is changing. That is the worry.

From the reaction, I take it we are out and go straight into the Europa?
It's worse than that, we're being relegated, and the club has gone into insolvency!

don't get me wrong, losing a two goal lead is annoying, really annoying, we did it against The Arse, and we did it against the Greeks... in fact, what is it with us blowing 2-0 leads against Greek opposition??
(little Greek/Gooner reference there, Stavros fans!)

....anyway, given the manner of the result, it irks, but a 2-2 away in Greece, on matchday 1, is NOT the end of the world... (and a damn sight better than we started last season... and look how that ended up!)

Some cunt that has made 8 posts in about 12 months gave me a disagree.

He obviously doesn't know I am TFC royalty.

He has become the latest member of a not very exclusive club!

The same people wetting themselves are the same people who say " i'm now off to RAWK or KUMB" to catch the meltdown" The same as people form those forums will be saying about this place. The knicker wetters entertain all other clubs.. It's sad.

Don't forget the goal from open play...when your creative midfielder (Eriksen) is creating absolutely nothing and actually losing possession it's rather difficult to convert that sort of supply into goals. Moura is just in a no win situation it would appear with the manager and many of the fans. I think we have a very special player in Lucas but if we don't give him sufficient match time we will never see him at his very best....he'll eventually leave, some other club will benefit and we shall live to regret it.
I didn't imply he was poor, he showed intent in his play and scored a magnificent goal

That was the furthest thing from a 'good hard won point' I could possibly think of though mate, that is the problem. Some horrible individual and collective performances, very lucky to get the 2-0 lead and then just let it wash away, as we are seemingly becoming accustomed to.

We are playing consistently poor football, with the first half against Palace excluded, and seemingly nothing is changing. That is the worry.
...and yet we WERE in a 2-0 lead which we didn't deserve... luck or no luck, we got 2 goals our play didn't deserve.
...we coulda been 2-0 down by the time we scored... if everything then played out as it did, that woulda made the final result 4-2 to them!

We drew a game we coulda won, but also shoulda lost...
if that doesn't define a draw, I dunno what does! "Good, Hard earned" is up for debate!!

Not the end of the world, granted but we were 2-0 up and they are absolute shite , as soon as they scored there first we all knew they would get another.... we need to learn to shut up shop, you would think with the majority of teams coming the the lane to park the bus against us we would have learnt how to do it ourselves

And stop making the changes at 65th minute every game and do a proactive change earlier once in a while...

Everyone could see Eriksen was having a stinker and he gives the ball away for their 2nd goal

Avoidable

Back
Top Bottom