OMT: Bournemouth (H), Sunday 31st December, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd keep the defence the same for the moment, we can solve it with a signing next week (do it cunthead Levy!)

Son has been crap the last two games, despite a goal and assist. He seems to play with fire in his belly when coming off the bench, so he can do that here and it might win us the game before he goes to the Asia cup.

Vic
Porro Emerson Davies Udogie
Sarr Hojbjerg
Johnson lo Celso Richy
Veliz

And a large kick up the arse from Ange.

Fair choice but not sure GLC or Johnson are worth their places as they go missing far too often
So Skipp for GLC and maybe Son for Johnson if fit but he had a poor game last night
Johnson is the only player that has hit first time balls into the box. Kulu always has cut inside on to his left or hold onto it for far too long.

I also feel we keep playing balls to Johnson, rather than in front of him or dinks behind.

As for GLC I think Sarr needs him as GLC is someone who can play the ball. Sarr is great at winning the ball back. Tenacious little fucker, but he needs outlets that can do something with the ball around him.

Something that PEH and Skipp don't provide

Johnson is the only player that has hit first time balls into the box. Kulu always has cut inside on to his left or hold onto it for far too long.

I also feel we keep playing balls to Johnson, rather than in front of him or dinks behind.

As for GLC I think Sarr needs him as GLC is someone who can play the ball. Sarr is great at winning the ball back. Tenacious little fucker, but he needs outlets that can do something with the ball around him.

Something that PEH and Skipp don't provide

Agree about Kulu and he does hold the ball up

The only time I saw a ball played in front of Johnson was from Porro I think and he fucked it up
Control was woeful and his confidence seems to be very low

I like Sarr but I’ve said all I’m going to say about GLC but I hope that he proves me wrong

Agree about Kulu and he does hold the ball up

The only time I saw a ball played in front of Johnson was from Porro I think and he fucked it up
Control was woeful and his confidence seems to be very low

I like Sarr but I’ve said all I’m going to say about GLC but I hope that he proves me wrong
I think his confidence will go up if he keeps getting put through. He needs to be getting 10-15 through balls a game and he'll figure his shit out. It means denying Son for a while, though. His debut was *nearly* outstanding and he scored a worldie with a great touch and strike, but for marginal offside (I think). If that was onside, his head would be in a different place. He does look light and nervous at times, but since he's got to play for the foreseeable, it's time to sink or swim.

One thing is for sure, we can't afford Son and BJ to play the way they did again.

Lo Celso might be the only currently active MF who can serve Johnson. Kulu only thinks quickly 'locally', i.e. under pressure and only moving the ball a few yards. Sarr can do it maybe (haven't seen any memorable pin-point passes from him). PEH has his moments with through balls, but not the game pace/timing to deliver it quickly enough, as far as I can tell.

Less than 48 hours rest for this game is a joke , the scheduling this season towards us has been an absolute joke!
This is the last game till we can get some reinforcements in so let’s just make sure we don’t get any stupid red cards or gift any stupid pens! The football this season has been great at times but our discipline has been poor, obviously it doesn’t help that the oppo get away with murder!
Home support is going to be needed to help us get anything here !
Sunday match not Saturday. Have you lost track of the days?

Wait. People want Dier to start now?

No Way Do Not Want GIF

There was a huge gap between midfield and defence. Not often at all we've seen that in games this season and we really struggled because of it.

For all the negative reactions towards our centre backs. We conceded 4 goals and they were due to poor marking from Udogie on the first, a silly penalty from Kulusevski, a worldie from Estupinan and a silly penalty from Lo Celso.
I have only a slight problem with the third being a ‘worldie’. As good a strike as it was no one even tried to get out to him. Another piece of poor defending IMO. But then a great finish

Vic
Porro - Phillips - Davies - Udogie
PEH
Sarr -- GLC
Johnson -- Richy -- Son​

I expect the above though probably Dier or Emerson instead of Phillips.

I think we have to play Skipp instead of Hojbjerg. At least Skipp doesnt position himself so he cant receive the ball. All our worst performances this season have come with hojbjerg in the team. It isnt a coincidence.

Sunday match not Saturday. Have you lost track of the days?
Slightly! :mourshock:
Still by the time the players would have got home from the game last night till the game on Sunday at 2pm it’s horrendous scheduling! Notice how Brighton now aren’t playing till Tuesday same as West Ham - Liverpool and Newcastle who both played last Tuesday are also playing Monday , surely that Monday Slot should have been for us or the gooners with Liverpool playing Saturday or Sunday as both teams would have had equal rest!
Just makes you laugh as Klopp is always one to publicly moan about them not getting much rest

Slightly! :mourshock:
Still by the time the players would have got home from the game last night till the game on Sunday at 2pm it’s horrendous scheduling! Notice how Brighton now aren’t playing till Tuesday same as West Ham - Liverpool and Newcastle who both played last Tuesday are also playing Monday , surely that Monday Slot should have been for us or the gooners with Liverpool playing Saturday or Sunday as both teams would have had equal rest!
Just makes you laugh as Klopp is always one to publicly moan about them not getting much rest
All about who the TV companies want for their live slots. Fairness out the window.

Vicario
Porro
Phillips
Davies
Destiny
Skipp
Sarr
GLC
Johnson
Richy
Son
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Phillips Davies Destiny
Skipp
Sarr GLC
Johnson Richy Son
[/lineup]

No lose situation for Phillips to get his debut. We have lost every game we played with Emerson or Dier starting at CB so no pressure on him and only opportunity pressure to make his mark.

GKC starting can help Skipp with the build up.

Vicario
Porro
Phillips
Davies
Destiny
Skipp
Sarr
GLC
Johnson
Richy
Son
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Phillips Davies Destiny
Skipp
Sarr GLC
Johnson Richy Son
[/lineup]

No lose situation for Phillips to get his debut. We have lost every game we played with Emerson or Dier starting at CB so no pressure on him and only opportunity pressure to make his mark.

GKC starting can help Skipp with the build up.

We definitely didn't lose to Man City ;)

Back
Top Bottom