Other Matches Fred 2015-16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley are 2000/1 to win the league.

Leicester were 4000/1 to win the league this season.
giphy.gif

Bayern struggling now after Atletico's equaliser!

Love Simeone!

Thought he was going to deck Pepe 1st half

:nawty:

Hopefully not, the negative football is pretty horrendous.

Most people have been lambasting Leicester for similar
I'd say Atletico are a lot better then Leicester though. Alot fitter and play a different style. Whilst they have a solid defence, they press very well and in a similar way to us. Not to mention they have a very exciting counter attack, they don't hoof and sit back like Leicester.

Plus I meant more punch above our weight with those who spend big big bucks and compete on a domestic and European level like they have under Simeone.

Poch should call up his mate Simeone and ask him for pointers on how to defend a lead. He does it better than any manager I can remember.

Wonderful game execution tonight. Organized, clinical and deadly when they go forward.

Wanted Bayern to go through tbh, while I appreciate Atletico's mastery of defence I always have to back the footballing side.

Two issues I think this game highlighted:

1) Football needs video replays for red card/penalty decisions. Absolutely ludicrous that a penalty like the one Atletico got can be given at this level.

2) It also needs a stop clock. One of my biggest grievances with football is time-wasting and it's become such an accepted part of the game. The refs never account for it, Bayern would have been given 10-15 mins stoppage time if they actually did, and I've started noticing how little the ball is actually in play during some games. Far less than 90 minutes for sure, a stop clock would instantly end time-wasting.

I was curious about the ball in play time so I done a google thing and it appears it's about 40mins for premier league, which I thought was interesting.
:ap:

Compare that with a typical 3hr NFL game - ball in play 11mins.

:myword:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom