Other matches fred 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am a Spurs fan too. I have no idea why this has to be pointed out whilst on a spurs forum or why the need to bring it up at all.

You carp on about how crap we are and say we are not at last years levels but we are, in fact we have scored more goals.

Just because you’ve had the point you were trying to make debunked no need go all shitty about it. Just say oh really I wasn’t aware of that, thanks for letting me know.

But last year's level is not good enough and most would not say we look like last year's level at this stage.

But last year's level is not good enough and most would not say we look like last year's level at this stage.
That wasn’t the point you were making.

We’ve played better in this period of games than in the same period last year. Go over last years games again, we were not as dominant as we have been this year. We were huffing and puffing in some. As I said we have created more than enough chances to win every game with the exception of Chelsea game, which we dominated but didn’t create enough to truly say it was a deserved win. The only game we have been deservedly beaten was against Woolwich, but even that game despite being 2nd best their goal was from their first shot on target, from a free kick that wasn’t a free kick and a header that was offside.

Of the top 7 teams this weekend, the only ones to win did so thanks to deflections and/or penalties.

#smallmargins

We often do. No need to be jealous....
Not like this. A lot of the time our players are very ponderous on the ball. The defenders take ages to make a pass which decreases the amount of options available to them. These two just flick it to the next player straight away, as if they know where to pass it before they get the ball. We don't get close to this level of ball movement anywhere near often enough

To quote a senile old wanker.... "I didn't see it"

Details?

A bit of fucking about by Citeh by the corner flag time wasting but one of the Town players put a challenge in, Citeh player didn’t like it , reacted and started pushing the tackler and advancing towards him and the Town player just pushed him away but on the head
Not sure of names but that was about it

Citeh player got booked but no need for the ref to have done anything

Twat

That's the fucker when it comes to football. Don't think any other sport has so much 'injustice'. In other sports, it seems the dominate force invariably wins. Didn't see / listen to the game, but sounds like the cunts got away with one.
Eh, check out this year's afl season. Not that I care too much as my team was shit but if you want injustice/unfairness then this is it. Richmond, the eventual premiers, finished 3rd but got a home final against 2nd so that the AFL could get more fans in to watch the game = more money. Rather than rewarding the higher team, they rewarded the team with more fans lol.

In the 'pre-lim'; richmond's captain knocked out their opponent's best player early in the first quarter and rather than copping a suspension due to a third offence (was a deliberate shoulder to the head, eyes on the man stuff anyway which should mean 1-2 weeks) he was let off. Richmond also had another player let off despite him bumping a guy in the jaw during the last quarter.

Finally, the final as always was played at the MCG (richmond's home ground). The kicker is that Adelaide, who finished first, had only played there twice all season as opposed to richmond's 15 or 16 games there. So, it gave richmond a massive home ground advantage yet again, in what's meant to be a completely neutral game.

If you think the prem has conspiracies/unfairness then only look to the AFL for much more 'ingrained' examples of this.

Eh, check out this year's afl season. Not that I care too much as my team was shit but if you want injustice/unfairness then this is it. Richmond, the eventual premiers, finished 3rd but got a home final against 2nd so that the AFL could get more fans in to watch the game = more money. Rather than rewarding the higher team, they rewarded the team with more fans lol.

In the 'pre-lim'; richmond's captain knocked out their opponent's best player early in the first quarter and rather than copping a suspension due to a third offence (was a deliberate shoulder to the head, eyes on the man stuff anyway which should mean 1-2 weeks) he was let off. Richmond also had another player let off despite him bumping a guy in the jaw during the last quarter.

Finally, the final as always was played at the MCG (richmond's home ground). The kicker is that Adelaide, who finished first, had only played there twice all season as opposed to richmond's 15 or 16 games there. So, it gave richmond a massive home ground advantage yet again, in what's meant to be a completely neutral game.

If you think the prem has conspiracies/unfairness then only look to the AFL for much more 'ingrained' examples of this.

It's a shite sport, nobody cares about it outside of Oz.

Also, don't like how we play then go and support Barca or Valencia.

Ffs, too many moaning bastards on here today.

Watching Valencia and Barca zip it around with one and two-touch passing is making me envious. I wish we could do that
They were chanelling Pedro Mendes earlier, this effort from Messi wasn't given...

15117278200071.jpg

That's the fucker when it comes to football. Don't think any other sport has so much 'injustice'. In other sports, it seems the dominate force invariably wins. Didn't see / listen to the game, but sounds like the cunts got away with one.

United win with an own goal, scum get a penalty that was probably soft. City got a soft pen too. Seems we don't get many lucky goals or decisions as much as that might sound like an excuse I can't remember the last time we won a game we didn't deserve to or get a soft decision

It's a shite sport, nobody cares about it outside of Oz.

Also, don't like how we play then go and support Barca or Valencia.

Ffs, too many moaning bastards on here today.
Absolutely not a shite sport mate, but like all sports they have things to work on and improve.
So you enjoy watching us pass it around the back slowly? Just because i don't particularly like it doesn't mean I'll stop supporting the team that I've followed since I was 7

Back
Top Bottom