Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half time whistle. Woolich supporters are having multiple orgasms.

giphy.gif

Utd played us off the park!!!

Scum should be 3 or 4 up!!

Arteta has been there 2 fucking weeks and it's absolutely crystal clear that he's fundamentally changed how they are playing. I can see a combative midfield (that has been dog shit for ages) that can take a ball on the turn and pass. A compact defence that has been chucking the ball into their own net for three or four seasons. There are clear patterns of play, using both wings with FB's (going out to in) and AM's (going in to out) interchaging with third man runs from midfield. I've not seen such a team performance by us, one that looks coached.

Our dominant performance over relegation-threatened Burnley was still dictated by individual players, not a cohesive team pattern. Our 2nd half against Norwich whilst good again was by individual players playing well.

So I'm not allowed to judge Mourinho yet cos apparently he needs time. Arteta hasn't been with the Scum as long but I can already see clear offensive patterns in their play. FML
Jose is a super established manager who is set in his ways, where the game has moved on.

Arteta is a new manager who's been coaching on the pulse under a world class modern manager.

Arteta's fresh energy, enthusiasm and vibrant outlook on the game gives him an edge.

Jose has to work to emerge from his old model/framework and evolve into the Zeitgeist

I mean all that's changed is Arteta putting in a DM in Torreira. Who in himself is a little terrier. Just a shame we haven't had a coach brave enough to do something similar with Skipp.

Hes got them running around and working hard. That's more on the players than the manager though. When even Poch, who made alot of our players what they are today, couldn't get the players to run around for him, Mourinho isn't going to be able to.

Again, both different managers. If Levy wanted to see us play good football, he probably could have hired Ryan Mason as manager and saved himself a few bob.

I mean all that's changed is Arteta putting in a DM in Torreira. Who in himself is a little terrier. Just a shame we haven't had a coach brave enough to do something similar with Skipp.

Hes got them running around and working hard. That's more on the players than the manager though. When even Poch, who made alot of our players what they are today, couldn't get the players to run around for him, Mourinho isn't going to be able to.

Again, both different managers. If Levy wanted to see us play good football, he probably could have hired Ryan Mason as manager and saved himself a few bob.

Not the only thing. They have clear patterns in their movement. Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 said it. They are using the wide space well, and especially Shaw has been arsed

Utd played us off the park!!!

Scum should be 3 or 4 up!!

Arteta has been there 2 fucking weeks and it's absolutely crystal clear that he's fundamentally changed how they are playing. I can see a combative midfield (that has been dog shit for ages) that can take a ball on the turn and pass. A compact defence that has been chucking the ball into their own net for three or four seasons. There are clear patterns of play, using both wings with FB's (going out to in) and AM's (going in to out) interchaging with third man runs from midfield. I've not seen such a team performance by us, one that looks coached.

Our dominant performance over relegation-threatened Burnley was still dictated by individual players, not a cohesive team pattern. Our 2nd half against Norwich whilst good again was by individual players playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom