Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think when we get going - we could easily make a run for it.

Reguilon and Doherty as our full backs, Hojbjerg and Ndombele as creative midfielders. Kane, Son and Bale as our attacking threat and we should be putting 3/4s of the Premier League away quite comfortably.

It's whether or not we can turn up against those top clubs and the small percent that are hunting on the edge (Leicester, Wolves, Everton)

I'd like to put today down to just pure bad luck - we should have won. And the performance itself was promising but next week is the real test. United really aren't good. Defensively rubbish but with a deadly attack. We'll get chances, we need to take them.

Honestly Doherty's been horrendous so far. Unless he drastically improves we've somehow WEAKENED our already weakest position, RB.

Honestly Doherty's been horrendous so far. Unless he drastically improves we've somehow WEAKENED our already weakest position, RB.

Few poor moments today defensively (I remember one specifically in the corner with Winks) - but I believe he put up some decent offensive numbers today.

I don't think having Winks and Hojbjerg in midfield is helping him (and won't help Reguilon) - he wants to get in behind and we have no midfielders bar Lo Celso and Ndombele who can actually play those diaganols or defence splitting passes to them.

I'm not saying he's been great, but I can't agree with that he has weakened us. If Serge were in the lineup today, we would have probably just seen a lot more running and no more beneficial end product.

Doherty is a completely different type of player and I think he will offer us more options than Serge will once he finds his feet a little more.

Few poor moments today defensively (I remember one specifically in the corner with Winks) - but I believe he put up some decent offensive numbers today.

I don't think having Winks and Hojbjerg in midfield is helping him (and won't help Reguilon) - he wants to get in behind and we have no midfielders bar Lo Celso and Ndombele who can actually play those diaganols or defence splitting passes to them.
But he's let opponents just walk by him without even trying multiple times, every single game he's played. I'm not sure if he's not fit or something but he's far too lethargic.

He might be good offensively but Aurier's weakness wasn't his dribbling or offensive contribution... it was his weak defending and concentration lapses.

Not writing him off but he's been poor.

I think when we get going - we could easily make a run for it.

Reguilon and Doherty as our full backs, Lo Celso and Ndombele as creative midfielders. Kane, Son and Bale as our attacking threat and we should be putting 3/4s of the Premier League away quite comfortably.

It's whether or not we can turn up against those top clubs and the small percent that are hunting on the edge (Leicester, Wolves, Everton)

I'd like to put today down to just pure bad luck - we should have won. And the performance itself was promising but next week is the real test. United really aren't good. Defensively rubbish but with a deadly attack. We'll get chances, we need to take them.
Honestly, my worry about the United game isn't that we could beat them right now but rather in what condition our team is going to be after Tuesday and Thursday's matches. I can't help but feel we'll be completely drained and probably have another couple of injuries.

They had a poor run of form towards the end of last season and it was really all about the scousers at one point, but they looked very solid last year as well.
Their first team is amazing when it's fit and firing. They just ran out of steam due to poor depth last year.

A lot of rumours among their fans thatt there were locker room issues and a few players disrespecting Rodgers though.

Back
Top Bottom