Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People often overlooked the power in play behind, Leicester fairy tale title winning campaign. Tourism Authority of Thailand, Amazing Thailand, and King Power both have close ties to Thailand government. It may not be at the scale of Qatar or Saudi star funded project, nor Russian mafia..., but when it comes to a battle, they're still favors by the boss over a private owned co any like ENIC.

You don't get the right to reign over duty free business in Thailand without connection; nor a spearhead of Thailand tourism plan where that area is always a battle ground for political power struggle internally or by external political entities.

It feels like the sport has been ruined. Corruption, VAR, McManamanamanamanan commentating, it's sucking the joy out of the game.

Can't even celebrate a goal in case someone's elbow got slightly grazed in the build-up.

It feels like the sport has been ruined. Corruption, VAR, McManamanamanamanan commentating, it's sucking the joy out of the game.

Can't even celebrate a goal in case someone's elbow got slightly grazed in the build-up.
Add into the fact that the game is more about money these days then an affordable day out for fans , I mean let’s be honest if you are a family wanting to go to a game live your looking at a small fortune (when it was possible) when I was a kid we were far from a rich family, if tickets were as comparatively expensive as they are now a days I doubt my dad would have been able to afford to take me to the lane , so I probably wouldn’t even be into football like I am now.

Take away Uniteds penalties and they'd only be 6 points worse off.
If you're not being sarcastic, don't forget to account for the effect their constant penalties have on the opposition.

Every game the opposition turns up knowing liable to concede a penalty there's a gust of wind, they have to defend with an extra degree of caution, and so don't fully commit to duels etc.

It puts the opposition under immense pressure.

They’re not even hiding it now. It’s disgraceful.

This is a little bit like the penalty against Dier last season. Two guys in a tussle, shoulder to shoulder, pogba taps Dier's leg and goes does.

Same routine.

If you're not being sarcastic, don't forget to account for the effect their constant penalties have on the opposition.

Every game the opposition turns up knowing liable to concede a penalty there's a gust of wind, they have to defend with an extra degree of caution, and so don't fully commit to duels etc.

It puts the opposition under immense pressure.
I don't disagree, but I'd also be interested to know how many instances there have been where the game is level or United are behind and then a penalty changes the entire momentum of the match (and United go on to win by more than a goal).

In cases like that, people can say that 'well if you remove the penalty they still won' but that doesn't really tell the whole story.

I don't disagree, but I'd also be interested to know how many instances there have been where the game is level or United are behind and then a penalty changes the entire momentum of the match (and United go on to win by more than a goal).

In cases like that, people can say that 'well if you remove the penalty they still won' but that doesn't really tell the whole story.
Very good point. I'd even extend it a bit further, things like cards given/not given. For instance, today Matic should have seen a yellow by early in the second half, that would have changed things a bit.

Against us, in the 1-6 drubbling, Bailey and Shaw (and Pogba?) should have been sent off, but the ref took pity on them. They went on to win the games after that with those very players.

You can use this page to track them.

So far, from what I see, they haven't been able to turn around an opposition's lead into their victories with last season and this season penalties. They got away from defeats a couple of times with penalties.

Penalties to be a catalyst to their victories is high though. I counted 19 times in all competitions this and last season,; where penalties had gotten them a winner, or the first goal that tipped the balance into their favor.

Edit: When was the Ole's first game? Will try to see 18/19 season when I have more time.

Last edited:
Maybe if we dared to actually attack the opposition now and then and get players into their box we might win the odd penalty ourselves

just a thought

Maybe if we dared to actually attack the opposition now and then and get players into their box we might win the odd penalty ourselves

just a thought
You're few years too late. Poch would have benefited from such advice, when we had total 7 penalties in PL, in his final 2 full seasons.

Maybe, just maybe there is more to the penalty given stats. :pochwtf:

Last edited:
I don't really blame some of these serial divers from trying to buy penalties, it is in the game now - VAR was brought in to help stop this. But, what really pisses me off is how Refs are so keen to blow for a penalty straight away, especially for certain teams and players. It is so bloody obvious.

Why not just let VAR to review it ? If there is no agenda or conspiracy, this has to be the best way. We all know and see how VAR is quite reluctant to over-rule the Refs decision, just take the middle ground and let VAR take the strain. I thought that what as it was introduced for..

Last night they wouldn’t stop kicking him and the ref gave him zero protection. I’m amazed he hasn’t had enough and decked another player. He shows a hell of a lot of restraint.
Which was why Matic was brought on to add to the fouls deliberately raking his studs down Grealish calves
Got away with it

Leverkusen goal against Frankfurt was lovely.

17 year old Wirtz with an excellent pass and Amiri with a great touch and backheel goal.

Hoffenheim CB's and keeper are hopeless. Tactics encourage the wing backs to bomb forward after their passes but when this inevitably breaks down at times the defenders are just completely incapable of dealing with tough situations. Can't believe some of the goals they concede.

Back
Top Bottom