Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What worries me is Chelsea have a lot of decent players , they are just missing a good manager which won’t be hard for them to find when fat frank fucks off! They could challenge next season with someone decent in charge

What worries me is Chelsea have a lot of decent players , they are just missing a good manager which won’t be hard for them to find when fat frank fucks off! They could challenge next season with someone decent in charge
what a disaster for chelsea if they don't finish in the top4 ..

For the money they have spent it’s a disaster that they aren’t challenging for the league till the end !
What even is a disaster for these lot? Does winning and losing even have any meaning?

If they're not good enough, they'll go out and buy another half a dozen players, and pluck one of the better players from their vast "academy" and reassert their position as one of the best 3/4 teams in the country.

It's why I can't really celebrate their losses and fuckups the same as Arse, at least when they fuck up, they have to bear the consequences.

What even is a disaster for these lot? Does winning and losing even have any meaning?

If they're not good enough, they'll go out and buy another half a dozen players, and pluck one of the better players from their vast "academy" and reassert their position as one of the best 3/4 teams in the country.

It's why I can't really celebrate their losses and fuckups the same as Arse, at least when they fuck up, they have to bear the consequences.
Yeah the thing is they are never more than a season away from winning the league , they could literally fall in dog shit and come up smelling of roses

Get Tuchel unfortunately.
As we talked about when tuchel took the PSG job, and it turned out as everyone expected, in your estimation why would he jump out of PSG's fire and into Chelsea's pan? Dealing with the last4 or so managers has seen public discord. He does not seem a fit for Chelsea (but would be interesting on the field) where no manager seems to thrive for long.

Werner having one of the worst games I've seen from any player, ever

Can't pass, control the ball, shoot, anything. Totally useless.
Thing is, that is Werner in a nutshell. I have said on many occasions that i am not sure that Nagelsmann was too sad to see the back of him. His technical ability or lack thereof is shocking and his finishing leaves a lot to be desired. But as usual folks impute qualities onto a player because they read the goal stats, in a goals = world class player sort of way. At least that is what my Canadian friend tells me.

RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK watched him all last season after telling me how brilliant of a player he was (because of reputation). I don't think he believes that anymore.

Thing is, that is Werner in a nutshell. I have said on many occasions that i am not sure that Nagelsmann was too sad to see the back of him. His technical ability or lack thereof is shocking and his finishing leaves a lot to be desired. But as usual folks impute qualities onto a player because they read the goal stats, in a goals = world class player sort of way. At least that is what my Canadian friend tells me.

RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK watched him all last season after telling me how brilliant of a player he was (because of reputation). I don't think he believes that anymore.
It's been a long time since I've seen a player of his reputation and fee be so fundamentally lacking in basic aspects of the game

He just can't pass the ball properly for some reason

As we talked about when tuchel took the PSG job, and it turned out as everyone expected, in your estimation why would he jump out of PSG's fire and into Chelsea's pan? Dealing with the last4 or so managers has seen public discord. He does not seem a fit for Chelsea (but would be interesting on the field) where no manager seems to thrive for long.

I actually think the current bunch of players at Chelsea aren’t a bad fit for Tuchel, there aren't any major super star egos to assuage etc, a healthy smattering of young hungry minds etc I think he could definitely get that group of players to buy in.

The problem will, as you suggest, be managing those above him in the hierarchy, and getting them to buy in long enough for him to deliver (and he’s managed to rub up his dof’s at both PSG and Dortmund) and something Chelsea’s bods haven’t always been prepared to do (Sarri eg)

But to a degree, this is life at the top clubs isn’t it? If he wants to work at a top club there’s nearly always going to these types of conflicts, personality clashes, methodology v expectation clashes etc

I think Barca would be a club who should be interested in him too but their in an even worse mess than PSG. By comparison Chelsea probably seem a more stable proposition?

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I've seen a player of his reputation and fee be so fundamentally lacking in basic aspects of the game

He just can't pass the ball properly for some reason

I think personally you can draw a lot of parallels between him and Son. Similar qualities. Zippy, direct, wide forwards who like to cut in. For the first couple of years here Son couldn’t even get picked ahead of Alli, and even now, when he’s not shooting (at which he excels with both feet) a lot of what he does is piss poor, look at yesterday, before he scored it was like he was wearing clown boots, heavy touches, can’t hold onto the ball with anyone up his arse, or make the simplest of passes half the time. He can still go weeks at a time looking out of sorts.

I wouldn’t want to rely on either as 9’s, and I don’t just mean as goal scorers, I mean as fulcrums, but in the right set up, both can be very viable and productive (as Werner has been) as wide forwards.

I wouldn’t judge Werner on this season alone, loads of mitigating circumstances, first season new country, Lampard’s stodge, etc

Just look at Son’s first couple of seasons.

Last edited:
I think frank lampard messed up bringing in so many big money foreign names if he had maybe got another class english midfielder (Dele alli) for example. And got another maybe upcoming star who is not all about big money he would probably over achieve again but nope he was too busy looking for the biggest upcoming stars from abroad and it would massively change the changing room in probably a negative way as the youngsters from last year are probably laughing saying they are now on the bench and the new boys who are meant to be world class are piss poor looking

I think personally you can draw a lot of parallels between him and Son. Similar qualities. Zippy, direct, wide forwards who like to cut in. For the first couple of years here Son couldn’t even get picked ahead of Alli, and even now, when he’s not shooting (at which he excels with both feet) a lot of what he does is piss poor, look at yesterday, before he scored it was like he was wearing clown boots, heavy touches, can’t hold onto the ball with anyone up his arse, or make the simplest of passes half the time. He can still go weeks at a time looking out of sorts.

I wouldn’t want to rely on either as 9’s, and I don’t just mean as goal scorers, I mean as fulcrums, but in the right set up, both can be very viable and productive (as Werner has been) as wide forwards.

I wouldn’t judge Werner on this season alone, loads of mitigating circumstances, first season new country, Lampard’s stodge, etc

Agree with you to an extent. But two big differences between them is Son is more two footed and has a better shot, especially from long range. Meaning he is more flexible and carries a threat even against a low block.

I think you may have more faith in Werner than warrants. Perhaps Chelsea/FF need to familiarize themselves with how Werner played during his most productive times. I the summer I said it was an odd xfer because Pulisic who was playing as their best player played on the left so that meant 2 big money signings had to split time OR Werner has to play with another striker who does all the grunt work (Poulsen at RB).

Sort of similar to Havertz who should be at the 10 but FF has to get mount in and play the magical 433 that is not working. 2 big money signing...no idea how idea how to play either. Some would say this is evidence of too much money (and bad coaching of course).

Beyond that Werner just isn't a great finisher and never has been whereas Sonny is. And lastly, Sonny is a good chap whereas Timo Werner ist ein hurensohn.

Back
Top Bottom