Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Explain? If the ref has made a clear and obvious error, the decision should be reversed or is there a specific paragraph that covers scouse entitlement that I'm not aware of?
It stems from eons of bad referring. Only way you can demonstrate a foul is therefore to go down. It’s like asking howzat in cricket

might not be palatable for some but it’s the way it is

Dias tickles his arm and he dives and all the pundits agree its a pen the game has really gone when people accept that as a pen. There is no way that is enough to bring him down
It slowed him down so covering defender gets across, it’s a foul , but if he does not go down he does not get it. Soft but it was a penalty, anyway who cares getting tonked now

Where is the error? Stones had his arms on Salah, he made zero attempt to win the ball, only playing the man. There is a closer call to sending him off than overturning anything. VAR isn't there to overturn the decision, it's there to overturn it if there was a clear and obvious error.

We all know it was a dive, my Mum knows it was a dive. But by the laws of the game, it's a pen. That's why players dive.
I hear you, but this is a contact sport. You are allowed to touch an opponent without being penalised.
:mourhandlaugh:
If contact like that was equally penalised in the rest of the pitch, we'd see about 10 minutes of actual football per game.

Back
Top Bottom