OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Arse have a team spirit about them these days. Our players look fucking miserable on the pitch in comparison.
Our squad is decent but needs a ray of sunshine injection to lift the gloom

He's a good coach. He's had some level of success at every side he's ever managed aside from Reading. Swansea were very good for their resources, Liverpool were inches away from a title (yes Suarez was brilliant but the team overall played great football), Celtic was a free hit but they still broke records and Leicester have won a trophy and been higher in the table than most would predict.

Yeah the Liverpool job ended badly and it looks like Leicester will too, but that's the life of a modern coach, at some point there's always a downturn and a sacking. He's got his weaknesses and not making top 4 with such a big points gap twice was shit, but overall he's been successful. People will say the Leicester team is good but depth wise it's awful and the starting XI still has some very meh players.

I'd take him here tomorrow if he got sacked, 100%.

Rogers just feels like old news. We should be looking to get a manager on an upward curve like Poch at Saints, there is something soft about Roger teams and combine that with ENIC Spurs I just don’t get a good feeling.

I would rather Potter or Franks if we are grabbing managers from other prem teams.

Seems to be an impact manager. His teams always start like a house on fire but eventually it fizzles out. That said, you would have to have something wrong with you to not take him over Nuno.

Agreed.

He's a good coach. He's had some level of success at every side he's ever managed aside from Reading. Swansea were very good for their resources, Liverpool were inches away from a title (yes Suarez was brilliant but the team overall played great football), Celtic was a free hit but they still broke records and Leicester have won a trophy and been higher in the table than most would predict.

Yeah the Liverpool job ended badly and it looks like Leicester will too, but that's the life of a modern coach, at some point there's always a downturn and a sacking. He's got his weaknesses and not making top 4 with such a big points gap twice was shit, but overall he's been successful. People will say the Leicester team is good but depth wise it's awful and the starting XI still has some very meh players.

I'd take him here tomorrow if he got sacked, 100%.

He’s alright but I’ve always said the best part of Leicester is their scouting and recruitment, not him.

I honestly wouldn’t. He’s had his time to show what he’s done. Potter or Franks would be better for us I feel.

Nuno gets a season minimum. We are not Real Madrid. .

Yeah let's give a manager an arbitrary amount of time just out of principle, rather than being smart and realising when a mistake is made and acting accordingly. Nuno should get however long the club feel he deserves. So far to me that doesn't seem very long at all.

Seems to be an impact manager. His teams always start like a house on fire but eventually it fizzles out. That said, you would have to have something wrong with you to not take him over Nuno.

Takes a while, but eventually I reckon the players just figure he's a Brent-esque knob and tire of him......

He’s alright but I’ve always said the best part of Leicester is their scouting and recruitment, not him.

I honestly wouldn’t.

Their scouting and recruitment is good, but he still put it together. They were a well coached team before the drop off this season. They certainly don't have a better lineup on paper than any of the side who did make top four the last two years, and he was inches from besting them, and won the FA cup.

You wouldn't take him, over Nuno?! Damn. The guys coached his teams to play good football and he's had a level of success nearly everywhere. Even if it's only for 2-3 seasons till the drop off, that's a huge improvement over what we've got.

In terms of points we can still compete if we change manager. Any manager with a brain should be able to get more goals from this squad than Nuno has.
I just can’t see it. Not being a pessimist and all these things are cyclical. But we have too many players that have lost their way. Recruitment has been patchy. We’re the 7th or 8th best team in the league.

We also have too little up pace up top.

Leicester would never ever in a million years play this badly against us

Did we beat them in the last game of the season?

Bottom line is you play as well.or badly as your opponents permit.

Our squad lacks full commitment to the cause and Santo is literally forced to play players who are not adding the value they should.

Fcuk Woolwich. We need to concentrate on us.

Always astounds me how short people’s memories are in football

In a couple of weeks we’ve gone from

“Ole’s at the wheel”
“Arteta out”

To

“Ole out”
“Arteta tactical genius, Woolwich are a force”

Arse have a team spirit about them these days. Our players look fucking miserable on the pitch in comparison.
Our squad is decent but needs a ray of sunshine injection to lift the gloom
They go on runs where they look like that and then runs where they look clueless, hope they revert to the later soon.

Back
Top Bottom