OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're very unstable. Agree City played them off the park .. I really don't think Poch is right for them, fantastic coach but he's not the manager you want to get the best out of some huge ego's. I think if they're able to get Zidane in, who has proven his ability both in the CL & in getting the respect of big footballers, they'll have a shot. I'm not sure a team with Messi, Mbappe and Neymar can ever really be written off, you can be battering them the entire game but just 2-3 moments from them will kill you. Bayern are Bayern, they're a machine.

The rest of Europe though? Damn it's weak, the worst the other major leagues have been in a very long time. State of Italian football especially is terrible, not a single side in the league you could even imagine winning the tournament.

Yeah, PSG and Poch are a very weird mix. He'll only be there until the end of the season regardless of how they do.

I was looking forward to watching Chiesa for Juventus yesterday but he was crap. Probably just a case of Chelsea being so much better than Juventus, but he certainly didn't look anything like the player I remembered in the Euros.

Yeah, PSG and Poch are a very weird mix. He'll only be there until the end of the season regardless of how they do.

I was looking forward to watching Chiesa for Juventus yesterday but he was crap. Probably just a case of Chelsea being so much better than Juventus, but he certainly didn't look anything like the player I remembered in the Euros.

Chiesa (like nearly all that Juve side) has had a massive drop off after a solid start to the season.

But playing in a side like that is hard, much harder than playing in a well oiled machine like most top talents do. He still has all those tools but young player + dysfunctional team = inconsistency.

I just expect PSG to implode at any point. Sure, they beat Man City recently at home and can beat anyone on their day. But I thought City played them off the park at times, and would have won comfortably with an actual top striker on the pitch.

I think it's between Bayern and Chelsea as to the best team/squad in the world right now. Liverpool and City are the most dangerous if they have their best 11 on the pitch. Closely followed by Port Vale.

In the current bout of gushing about the Chavs people forget City gave them the proverbial 1-0 battering a few weeks ago.

Underestimating City's depth is madness too.

In the current bout of gushing about the Chavs people forget City gave them the proverbial 1-0 battering a few weeks ago.

Underestimating City's depth is madness too.

They still have a great squad despite being a striker short, I just think Chelsea have even more options. Tuchel had a nightmare against City tactically, regardless of how well he's done for them.

They still have a great squad despite being a striker short, I just think Chelsea have even more options. Tuchel had a nightmare against City tactically, regardless of how well he's done for them.

Ditto first half against us. Poor against Villa too.....

They've actually been grim viewing a bunch of the times I've seen them this year. Some of he scoreline's have flattered them.

Elephant in the room.... Anyone think the Chavs look better without Lukaku?

They've been really struggling to get the ball to him. You put him in the Liverpool team and he would get Mane figures.

Can I ask you a question who far off after last night do you think you are from competing with Chelsea and Liverpool do you think you are? I ask because I think your team would comfortably beat Spurs home and away. So I'm searching for context for how adrift Spurs are.
Chelsea and Liverpool are great teams and will likely make it to the CL semifinals at least. Or at least among the top 8 teams. Last night's was a bloodbath but it was between two teams already qualified and with Chelsea eager to avenge the defeat of the first leg. Surely Juventus still has major shortcomings (the Serie A ranking says so). In March we will see another team (I hope). It is difficult to establish values in a phase of great evolution. You are also not the same as in September. Chelsea are now very enthusiastic, defending CL champions, first in PL but we will see if they find the balance with Lukaku. Without Lukaku it seems more difficult to find points of reference.

impressed-not-bad.gif

Bastard club though.

I feel unclean watching the Slave State Derby, plus I'm realising that I couldn't give a gnat's snatch about seeing Messi, Neymar, Mbappe and the other "best players on the planet".

Listening to Monkey Head blathering on is the final straw.

Terminated with extreme prejudice

City playing far better football than PSG.....PSG look like plodders and can barely keep the ball.

Amazing how Guardiola gets his teams to play this style of football.

Back
Top Bottom