OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2022/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We do. I Don’t usually expect Woolwich to drop points at home but fancied it after city smashed Everton. They would have gone out today thinking city are unstoppable. Makes you Kind of lose your mojo.

The psychology of sport is incredible.

City still need to finish the job but the damage will be very hard for Woolwich to overcome.

It can completely change the direction of travel and I think it will.

No way are Woolwich as good as the league has shown, nor we as bad but they could really struggle next season in my opinion. Not just hope but a real belief, and no way will they be as lucky with injuries. Not a chance.

But City need to win before i have my gloating moment.

Comms cunt: "I feel wistful..... Sad.... That such a wonderful journey has come to an end."

wanker-piss-off.gif

If Le Arse don't get two wins from remaining two games they will end up with less points than when we finished 2nd (86) in that season everyone laughed at us for collapsing.

Even if they do, they'll end up 1 point ahead.

City still need to finish the job but the damage will be very hard for Woolwich to overcome.

No way are Woolwich as good as the league has shown, nor we as bad but they could really struggle next season in my opinion. Not just hope but a real belief, and no way will they be as lucky with injuries. Not a chance.

Agreed. It was all mental pressure & not ability that cost Woolwich in the end . 2-0 up to West Ham & Southampton at home they are more than capable of winning.
It was good timing from Woolwich as apart from city everyone else has been unreliable & gone through many dodgy patches. The fact Liverpool can still get 4th tells you that.
The usual klopp Liverpool team would have finished above Woolwich this season.
It will be interesting as this could be a big blow Woolwich take a while to come back from. Look at Liverpool being close to the quadruple last season. It mentally Took it out of them for this year.

One worrying thing is Woolwich do spend big so I can see arteta spending another 200m + on big quality players so they are stronger . But I also expect a few of the other top 6 to be stronger too. Not worried about Woolwich winning the title next season. Think this was their big chance.

Injuries are/were key for them imo.
They have a very good first 11 but in the last few weeks the injuries have really hit them especially Saliba as the Holding and the polish guy are such a drop in quality in comparison

If Le Arse don't get two wins from remaining two games they will end up with less points than when we finished 2nd (86) in that season everyone laughed at us for collapsing.

Even if they do, they'll end up 1 point ahead.

If you are referring to the Leicester title winning season? We didn’t get 86 points.
We got 86 points the season we finished 2nd to contes Chelsea

Agreed. It was all mental pressure & not ability that cost Woolwich in the end . 2-0 up to West Ham & Southampton at home they are more than capable of winning.
It was good timing from Woolwich as apart from city everyone else has been unreliable & gone through many dodgy patches. The fact Liverpool can still get 4th tells you that.
The usual klopp Liverpool team would have finished above Woolwich this season.
It will be interesting as this could be a big blow Woolwich take a while to come back from. Look at Liverpool being close to the quadruple last season. It mentally Took it out of them for this year.

One worrying thing is Woolwich do spend big so I can see arteta spending another 200m + on big quality players so they are stronger . But I also expect a few of the other top 6 to be stronger too. Not worried about Woolwich winning the title next season. Think this was their big chance.

They won’t get top 4 next season.

Back
Top Bottom