OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2022/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Miracle worker" Ten Hag at home to side fighting relegation without a manager and having spent north of £200m scrapes a draw.

I think they look much better and I do rate Ten Hag but they are still miles off from a coherent team. They aren't swatting away teams, they've got just enough about them to get them past teams (must be said need a lot of luck too, flabbergasted Martinez wasn't sent off tonight, blatant kick to the head and it wasn't even reviewed).

"Miracle worker" Ten Hag at home to side fighting relegation without a manager and having spent north of £200m scrapes a draw.

I think they look much better and I do rate Ten Hag but they are still miles off from a coherent team. They aren't swatting away teams, they've got just enough about them to get them past teams (must be said need a lot of luck too, flabbergasted Martinez wasn't sent off tonight, blatant kick to the head and it wasn't even reviewed).

It's all down to the work of my boy Rashford, your favourite player!

It's all down to the work of my boy Rashford, your favourite player!
hahaha

It's also really irritating that Ten Hag is getting the kudos for his uptick in form (which when I still watch him he's still not that good, as he showed tonight by example). It's clear to me now that Rashford is a pure confidence player and his uptick came at the World Cup, so his uptick is down to Southgate, not Ten Hag.

Basically, Rashford offers very little in build-up play, he can't hold the ball up and can't pass but he's now just playing a percentage game and he shoots loads, some are going in, this makes him feel good and his confidence soars, so he shoots a few more times next game......so on and so on. He's got himself into a little groove.

hahaha

It's also really irritating that Ten Hag is getting the kudos for his uptick in form (which when I still watch him he's still not that good, as he showed tonight by example). It's clear to me now that Rashford is a pure confidence player and his uptick came at the World Cup, so his uptick is down to Southgate, not Ten Hag.

Basically, Rashford offers very little in build-up play, he can't hold the ball up and can't pass but he's now just playing a percentage game and he shoots loads, some are going in, this makes him feel good and his confidence soars, so he shoots a few more times next game......so on and so on. He's got himself into a little groove.

Aside from last season this is just Rashford ... wouldn't give Ten Haag any particular credit. He was dreadful all of last campaign but generally he's an incredibly streaky player who goes through patches of looking world class and ends up with double figures for goals in a season. He's direct, very fast and tries things lots so yeah like you say .. when its working its REALLY working.

I'm sure his streak will drop off at some point and he'll end up in the 15-20 goals mark. I've always had a soft spot for him with the charity work and when he's on it he can be a fun mess to watch. I said discount Son about 6 months back & I maintain that now ... Son when he was actually good that is, not right now where he's all over the shop.

Also on this - Ten Haag is definitely a good coach but yeah, the hype way exceeds what he deserves. Essentially the 60m CB he picked out has formed a good partnership with Varane ... are we really meant to applaud this? It's a very expensive CB partnership.

Their biggest improvement has come from bringing in the world's best DM to midfield. And Eriksen helped a lot, too. His huge money RW signing is total meh and he hasn't rescued Sancho's form, or really got anyone playing out of their skin apart from Rashford.

They spent shitloads of money on some very highly rated players & they've managed to sneak in to fourth by virtue of us, Chelsea & Liverpool being various shades of not very good at the moment. It's essentially 'doing OK' so far rather than anything worth heralding.

And the award for most hyped commentator of the night goes to the in house Marseille one.

PSG knocked out of the French cup before the quarter finals.

The funniest moment in the match was when Galtier (PSG coach, born in Marseille) got caught on camera celbrating Malinovski's game winner (2:30 into the video).

Aside from last season this is just Rashford ... wouldn't give Ten Haag any particular credit. He was dreadful all of last campaign but generally he's an incredibly streaky player who goes through patches of looking world class and ends up with double figures for goals in a season. He's direct, very fast and tries things lots so yeah like you say .. when its working its REALLY working.

I'm sure his streak will drop off at some point and he'll end up in the 15-20 goals mark. I've always had a soft spot for him with the charity work and when he's on it he can be a fun mess to watch. I said discount Son about 6 months back & I maintain that now ... Son when he was actually good that is, not right now where he's all over the shop.
The only time I've truly been impressed with him was the first season he made his breakthrough, just about the luckiest of breaks in timing as he was behind a kid (Frazier??? who's his name escapes me )and this kid was behind someone else. But when he was selected he looked like a genuine prospect, he was super young too.

I don't see any skill or technical ability to control the ball, that first touch at an angle that gives the top players the yard of space they need to get away from the oppo. His passing is one of the worst in his position. But he can stretch a team, which helps Utd as they do possess other players that can exploit the space he creates when running at teams. If he wasn't at Utd I don't think anyone would be talking about him, I don't think he would have an England cap.

Fantastic work off the pitch. However, not too poor too much cold water onto him, well maybe a little, he has a very clever team behind him. His communications, especially on school meals stuff were brilliantly written, but not from his mouth, when you listen to his interviews on the same subject matter it's hard to correlate them by comparison. It shouldn't matter, I accept that, but to me, it did and I thought it dilutes the message just a smidge, I would prefer it to be 100% him. But thank god he did lend his name to these charities and given his background and upbringing his message becomes even more powerful as you know that this is personal as he's experienced it.

Back
Top Bottom