Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's like all you know of Watson is the stats you read and that the irony of you last two statements is lost on you. I like Watson...and have since I first saw him at Villa when he wasn't nabbing SOs. But no one would suggest that he is a clinical forward.

But he is a hard worker whose efforts provide space to the actual danger men on either side of him while also benefiting from the defensive attention they command.
And I'm old enough to remember him missing sitters at Villa and the knowledgeable folks in this thread laughing at the 40M they paid Brentford for him. But I know he's a completely different player once he hits 20 goals, right?

Who the hell is Watson?

It's like all you know of Watson is the stats you read and that the irony of you last two statements is lost on you. I like Watson...and have since I first saw him at Villa when he wasn't nabbing SOs. But no one would suggest that he is a clinical forward.

But he is a hard worker whose efforts provide space to the actual danger men on either side of him while also benefiting from the defensive attention they command.
And I'm old enough to remember him missing sitters at Villa and the knowledgeable folks in this thread laughing at the 40M they paid Brentford for him. But I know he's a completely different player once he hits 20 goals, right?

There's no irony. Watkins isn't clinical but he's not a liability in front of goal. Watkins has never been even half as much of a liability in front of goal as Darwin, no matter how many people laughed at sitters he missed. It's not an accurate comparison.

Watkins is above xG this season - albeit only just. Darwin is 8 goals behind it. Despite the fact he has a propensity for also scoring very low xG goals occasionally. That adds up to probably 10-12 sitters missed across a league season, which isn't sustainable if you want to rely on your centre forward to take key chances in key matches.

Darwin isn't just not clinical. Darwin outright fucks up chances a child could finish, and he does it regularly. That's why Klopp has dropped him (not for the first time) despite having terrible alternatives. You're talking the gap between a not great finisher (Watkins) and the worst finisher in the league (Darwin.)

He's from the same agency.

I have suspicions that Ange may have been helping that agency choose players for a while on the side too. He's their biggest manager on the books.

We currently have 4 x CAA players......... We also have 4 players with UniqueSG (but we never hear about them)......

Ultimately it doesn't matter who your agent is if you're spending your time in and out of the squad with injuries............... I doubt we'd ignore such red-flags and blow 60m on anyone just because of some tenuous relationship with an agent.

We currently have 4 x CAA players......... We also have 4 players with UniqueSG (but we never hear about them)......

Ultimately it doesn't matter who your agent is if you're spending your time in and out of the squad with injuries............... I doubt we'd ignore such red-flags and blow 60m on anyone just because of some tenuous relationship with an agent.

Who are the Unique SG players?

Back
Top Bottom