Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems Tuchel had no choice but to bring Kane off as apparently Harry himself requested it due to some back issues. So if that's the case then you have to say fair enough. Although that doesn't excuse him bringing on Choupo-Moting instead of Tel, or bringing on Kim who's been abysmal for months.
Just googled that and nix.
Gotta link to that?

Maybe, but he could have waited, the goal scored and then VAR brought in and it would STILL have been disallowed for offside.

GNFgB52WUAEaI4f

Linesmen are instructed not to flag if it's even a question - so regardless of if he was right or wrong about the offside the flag should never have gone up until the play was over.

Massive error. Like "you've got one job" type error.

So it is a double error there. The Ref should have waited on his whistle knowing the linesman has erred by flagging early?

I wouldn't say "should have", but certainly "could have". The big error was the lineman's. The Ref could have saved him but I reckon 9 out of 10 refs would have blown at that point. The linesman, who is inline with play, has raised his flag which (in a VAR-assisted game) is basically him saying to the ref that either he's 110% certain about the offside, or the goal-scoring opportunity is over.

Exactly. All they had to do for 10 minutes was to hit the ball up to him and he would have won foul after foul. Sure, there's always a chance Real Madrid would stills score. But then at least you had your main man on still for extra-time and possibly penalties. It's almost like Tuchel wanted to say a big fuck you to the Bayern board for sacking him months ago.

Ultimately Bayern didn't deserve it though. They still don't use Kane properly after almost a full season. Musiala is talented but over-rated, and Sane was shite as he is more often than not. Real Madrid will probably win the competition now, but for me, Man City are still the best side in Europe.
Nope still madrid

He kept them in it though until then. Shocking mistake, but with the right players on the pitch Bayern would have at least still been in the game. It was over the moment TT brought on Muller (he's finished at the top level) and Choupo-Moting, who I wouldn't even have here at Spurs.
But that is how Tuchel plays it. He scores a goal and closes shop like Mourinho.

Bayern also had a questionable offside... close game but Real just knows how to win.

But obviously, the lino with a lateral view has an infinitely better perspective that the ref with a "flat-on" one.

As Sudoku said, the lino's call almost never gets overruled unless the ref has spotted something that he knows the lino cant see
This is a good example on what should have happened in an earlier CL game

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=27s&v=2PVm7jYAe8E&feature=youtu.be

An ex referee explaining the two mistakes lino and then the ref

Bayern were literally robbed of an equalizer - and BOTH the ref AND the linesman committed huge blunder....a blunder that benefited Real M. at their home (yet again). I expected the ref team to favor to Real M. in this game but not to such an extent though. The rules are clear and yet 2 officiates "broke" them (conveniently).
No, I am not a Bayern fan but this whole thing smacks of yet another corruption case.
It wouldn't surprise me if Real M. will field 12 players yet again in the CL final vs Dortmund.

Last edited:
True, but even 50% of it would do me. We‘ve had some good comebacks recently, but not on the matches that actually matter. We’re like the anti-Real at the moment.
Same kit though.... So, hey... There is that!

I don't like Bayern but I wanted to see Dier and Kane lift a CL trophy.

Weird feeling to want a team to win and lose at the same time.
Yet while Kane has shone, this flawed Bayern side have fallen short and will end the season without a major trophy for the first time since 2011-12.
"I feel so sorry for Kane. What a superstar he has been and he doesn't have an opportunity [in a Champions League final]," former Bayern midfielder Owen Hargreaves told TNT Sport.
"Poor guy. He has been amazing this season and that just didn't go to plan in the last 10 minutes."

Didn't see the same level of media pity shown towards US when we lost the Final and won nothing... All I heard was the sounds of barely stifled laughter!!

Back
Top Bottom