Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Extremely jealous of Newcastle’s owners. I wish they would have bought Levy and Enic out instead of Mike Ashley. It’s not the fact that they are signing anyone spectacular, but the fact that they are going all out with new signings and this will continue now every year until they are fighting towards the top. Our gutless owners are looking at loans. Loan with obligation to buy fc. Cunts!!! I despise our owners
Not really jealous of their owners. But the rest of the feelings on enic, 100% agreed.

Extremely jealous of Newcastle’s owners. I wish they would have bought Levy and Enic out instead of Mike Ashley. It’s not the fact that they are signing anyone spectacular, but the fact that they are going all out with new signings and this will continue now every year until they are fighting towards the top. Our gutless owners are looking at loans. Loan with obligation to buy fc. Cunts!!! I despise our owners

You're gonna compare an investement company trying to run a sustainable business to Sheikh's who are in it for money laundering and sports washing?

This might be one of the dumbest statements I've read on this site and there's a lot, give your head a wobble ffs.

You're gonna compare an investement company trying to run a sustainable business to Sheikh's who are in it for money laundering and sports washing?
Because I can’t help myself, sportswashing is fake, and the Sheikh’s also want a sustainable business, they just have different incentives and time horizons.

And we are a LONG way from declaring this Newcastle project a success. They face a much more difficult challenge than Chelsea or City did.

But they seem on a sensible track so far.

Because I can’t help myself, sportswashing is fake, and the Sheikh’s also want a sustainable business, they just have different incentives and time horizons.

And we are a LONG way from declaring this Newcastle project a success. They face a much more difficult challenge than Chelsea or City did.

But they seem on a sensible track so far.

What do you mean by this?

Of course they want to run a sustainable business, that's not the reason they are in it though - they're using the club as a PR machine to divert attention away from the fact they run a murderous regime andthe fact that they are human rights abusers, that's the long and ths short of it.

What do you mean by this?

Of course they want to run a sustainable business, that's not the reason they are in it though - they're using the club as a PR machine to divert attention away from the fact they run a murderous regime andthe fact that they are human rights abusers, that's the long and ths short of it.
Fundamental threshold problem with that narrative: owning globally prominent clubs that are universally reviled for their riches ATTRACTS immesurable attention to these shitty regimes.

But, football as an industry isn’t going to die when everyone is driving electric vehicles. It diversifies the sovereign wealth of these countries, and doesn’t require them to be particularly business smart or technologically advanced, they can just succeed with brute force expenditure. Not a lot of industries in which you can spin up a multibillion dollar perpetual revenue generator like that.

Fundamental threshold problem with that narrative: owning globally prominent clubs that are universally reviled for their riches ATTRACTS immesurable attention to these shitty regimes.

But, football as an industry isn’t going to die when everyone is driving electric vehicles. It diversifies the sovereign wealth of these countries, and doesn’t require them to be particularly business smart or technologically advanced, they can just succeed with brute force expenditure. Not a lot of industries in which you can spin up a multibillion dollar perpetual revenue generator like that.

So why do you think these rich Arab's and Sheikh's (and Roman) who have absolutely no interest in football buy into these clubs?

Do you actually think they bought clubs to plough money into them and win things, artificially inflating the market, and attempting to remove the competitive element of the sport because they love football so much? And the fact that football is so tribal, that cultivating a global image that paints them as good people who just love sport, and not as utterly detestable individuals and regimes, is just a coincidental byproduct of their success? Do you honestly believe that???

There's alot of information out there on these ownerships in particular, and why they are using their clubs as vehicles for reasons other than football success.

I just think in Don Corleone Don Corleone 's case it's sad that fans are so one-eyed with rage at our club that they think how we are run is anyway comparable to clubs who have unlimited dirty money and have no interest in operating sustainably.

Do you actually think they bought clubs to plough money into them and win things, artificially inflating the market, and attempting to remove the competitive element of the sport because they love football so much? And the fact that football is so tribal, that cultivating a global image that paints them as good people who just love sport, and not as utterly detestable individuals and regimes, is just a coincidental byproduct of their success? Do you honestly believe that???
That's the opposite of what I'm saying if you read above.

Again, just 30,000 foot threshold question, everybody HATES City, PSG, and now Newcastle. Everybody HATES the Qatar World Cup.

Far more public outcry and scrutiny is applied to the regimes that are spoiling our beloved football than similarly brutally repressive regimes (Bahrain, Oman, Egypt, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, my god the situation in Yemen) that are entirely ignored.

None of it matters of course since all of these regimes are more or less bulletproof, but what they do have is long-term viability issues due to the effects of climate change both on their territory and the market for oil. They have to diversify, they don't have the non-financial resources, savvy or talent for a lot of areas of global business, and football is one area where dumb, dirty money can generate a durable asset with a sustainable revenue stream. (Western real estate is another, and these funds have tons and tons of that too)

It's a business play, plain and simple. But the sovereign wealth fund of Saudia Arabia's business interests and goals and timelines look different than Joel Glazer's or Daniel Levy's.

These clubs are bad for the sport and they should have been nipped in the bud long ago and should still be fought against. But the framework under which a lot of people understand why they exist in the first place is totally wrong-headed.

Last edited:
729e5f996127b8b0f328db2d40c31cdd.jpg

76e7d8246bc223b40226814b69e688f7.jpg

If this bloke is half decent where the fcuk are we in all this?

I just do not get our inability to spot a striker who can play alongside or with Kane.

Back
Top Bottom