Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This guy any good? Is he any better than RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK 's favourite Reguilon? Was somewhat surprised PSG moved Bakker on (BL?). Not that I saw much of him but he did seem to have a decent engine.
That's right. I have a huge poster of Reggie on my bedroom ceiling.

As for Bakker, maybe things like inexperience or confidence were factors, but I thought he was all at sea in a PSG shirt.

With all the respect to Pochettino but what part of success is training under such circumstances as opposed to money alone?
You say that like it is any different to most other managers in the past...like Sir Alex Ferguson who folks round these parts and all through England overrated for his 'success' built on the back of financial dominance. Can't blow one without blowing the others...would be hypocritical.

But if you would like to attribute something to training then look no further than the bangup job Fat Frank was doing with Chelsea only to be shown incompetent when Tuchel came in.

And BTW we turned down a reported 125M and we're skint so don't read too much into the Mbappe thing. But just like with Kane they should have taken it and saddled RM with an overrated player.

Just found out that West Ham managed to sign Alex Kral yesterday. Along with Zouma and Vlasic that's an excellent end of the window for them. All three will improve there squad. And Zouma is a definite upgrade on Dawson.`

That's right. I have a huge poster of Reggie on my bedroom ceiling.
You are such a suckup. I knew it was love the first time you saw him. Those moves, the silky touches, and the positioning...man, you didn't have a chance!
As for Bakker, maybe things like inexperience or confidence were factors, but I thought he was all at sea in a PSG shirt.
At sea? Like your boy Kimpembe? At sea from what? What organization is in that side to be 'at sea' from? Well, he's at BL (I think because I watched him this weekend or last) so hopefully they will put him to good use. And again, I was only commenting because I was surprised, in my ignorance, that they moved on from him.

Saliba.

You say that like it is any different to most other managers in the past...like Sir Alex Ferguson who folks round these parts and all through England overrated for his 'success' built on the back of financial dominance. Can't blow one without blowing the others...would be hypocritical.

But if you would like to attribute something to training then look no further than the bangup job Fat Frank was doing with Chelsea only to be shown incompetent when Tuchel came in.

And BTW we turned down a reported 125M and we're skint so don't read too much into the Mbappe thing. But just like with Kane they should have taken it and saddled RM with an overrated player.

So you are saying Kane is overrated? I guess it depends on what basis and against what comparator?

So you are saying Kane is overrated? I guess it depends on what basis and against what comparator?
Let's not intentionally misconstrue my point. You've completely ignored my rebuttal to your point about Poch and PSG's talent. I made a counterpoint to show you that yours was a surface level perspective and that if you delved deeper you would see 'twas ever thus. Any comment on that?

It's none of those things. It's his legs.
No wonder as they do such magical things on the pitch. You are so cheap and easy. Tramp.
Did you enjoy his dribbling last weekend? Put on a hell of a show in that regard.
Did not see it.
todd1882 todd1882 Chris Richards has gone on loan to Hoffenheim again.
Yeah, I saw that. I gotta figure out what my BuLi viewing schedule will be this season. Try and schedule a few times to see him.

You see Narge picked up Kabak? Are they playing any differently to last time they were up? Or is he going to be bombarded by attacks with no protection?

Did not see it.
Man, it was sensational, but I am not sure many coaches would be happy about him doing it in his own penalty area.
You see Narge picked up Kabak? Are they playing any differently to last time they were up? Or is he going to be bombarded by attacks with no protection?
Saw that. I only watched their game against Liverpool, and it looked like the same meek shite we saw from them the season before last. And I went off Max Aarons completely.

Let's not intentionally misconstrue my point. You've completely ignored my rebuttal to your point about Poch and PSG's talent. I made a counterpoint to show you that yours was a surface level perspective and that if you delved deeper you would see 'twas ever thus. Any comment on that?

I agree to an extent.

I think the metrics of attainmrnt are clear. If you spend and are a big club you can get quality. To then be a success you need to have a mamager who can get the best out of a group of players but would have to be very poor to fail. But it happens.

On Pochettino and whilst he has not got the 3 big stars at the peak of their power, it would nonetheless be a shocker if he fails to win La Ligue.

If he also failed to get to the last 4 of the CL, then questions would be expected and the assessment quite damming.

The excessive wealth of today has not yet created the monopoly of success you have would have expected, which is a plus.

Cornet's obviously never had the pleasure of a pair of Umbro Speciali before...

NINTCHDBPICT000675999098.jpg

I agree to an extent.

I think the metrics of attainmrnt are clear. If you spend and are a big club you can get quality. To then be a success you need to have a mamager who can get the best out of a group of players but would have to be very poor to fail. But it happens.

On Pochettino and whilst he has not got the 3 big stars at the peak of their power, it would nonetheless be a shocker if he fails to win La Ligue.

If he also failed to get to the last 4 of the CL, then questions would be expected and the assessment quite damming.

The excessive wealth of today has not yet created the monopoly of success you have would have expected, which is a plus.
Fair enough and I agree.

Now to your subsequent question. Keeping in mind that I believe ALL strikers and the position as a whole is overvalued in the minds of fans and pundits AND every British player that has ever kicked a ball is overrated then yes I do feel Harry, one of our own (another point distorting perspective), is overrated and overvalued from a rational footballing perspective. And just as PSG should have taken the money we should have as well. Only 1 player was worth that money and he's old and moved on a free this window.

But to be clear I was specifically talking about Mbappe being overrated in my first post.

Back
Top Bottom