Our 2013-14 Home Kit “drops” 8 July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HP probably think it stands out more. They, surprisingly enough, care more about brand exposure than what the fans want. If the sponsors really cared that much, we wouldn't have had a red mansion logo. But they don't, they're paying for the privilege, so they do what they want. And after negotiating with Daniel levy... They probably weren't too keen on bowing to the clubs/fans needs.
When I buy HP products the logo is ALWAYS that color, it is indeed part of their branding. There is a style guide out there that says what color/size it will be depending on a number of factors.

Im not sure they will be doing that. they charged more for the cup kit previously, and its not on the websitre at the moment with the new kits. cant imagine Levy missing the chance to have a few xtra £5s on the pre orders

Were they unveiled this soon after the league kits last year?

Are we really discussing the quality of computer printer components on a Spurs Kit thread...?

honestly, whass the world coming to???

These days just about all computer and printer components are made at the Foxconn factory in China aren't they? So I'd guess there isn't a huge difference in quality between HP and any other company in that industry.

Not exactly.

Some companies are renowned for their build quality, and others are reviled for it. Foxconn does a lot of heavy lifting in the industry, but by no means do they account for "just about all" of it.

And even then, it doesn't matter if it's all built by Foxconn. Foxconn doesn't dictate how electronics are made, they just bid the job and produce the goods.

You think Foxconn designed all of those Apple devices, or even dictated what goes into them? All of that is designed by the buyer, who then prices it out to Foxconn.

Not exactly.

Some companies are renowned for their build quality, and others are reviled for it. Foxconn does a lot of heavy lifting in the industry, but by no means do they account for "just about all" of it.

And even then, it doesn't matter if it's all built by Foxconn. Foxconn doesn't dictate how electronics are made, they just bid the job and produce the goods.

You think Foxconn designed all of those Apple devices, or even dictated what goes into them? All of that is designed by the buyer, who then prices it out to Foxconn.
Design and the quality of a product are two different things. I've seen plenty of products that have an innovative or even brilliant design but the quality of some components is lacking. If you meant that HP products are poorly designed when you said, "Sure, but HP products are crap, and you shouldn't buy them" then I apologise but I took what you said to mean that their stuff is low quality. If so, then in my experience (I'm in the IT industry) HP is a mid-range brand with no more problems then most brands and far less then a few. Three years ago you might have had a point about their laptops but that is sorted now. Their printers are more reliable then most.

This is EXACTLY what HP would want. This is a CEO of a sponsor's wet dream what's going on right here.

Back to important stuff, like how sick this cup kit would look, if it exists. Shall we ponder?

Design and the quality of a product are two different things. I've seen plenty of products that have an innovative or even brilliant design but the quality of some components is lacking. If you meant that HP products are poorly designed when you said, "Sure, but HP products are crap, and you shouldn't buy them" then I apologise but I took what you said to mean that their stuff is low quality. If so, then in my experience (I'm in the IT industry) HP is a mid-range brand with no more problems then most brands and far less then a few. Three years ago you might have had a point about their laptops but that is sorted now. Their printers are more reliable then most.

I meant both.

Maybe things have changed. I haven't used HP in years, but everything that I've ever touched was shit.

Oh god, like those horrible, awful, sticky touch pads from a few years back. Oh god, the texture of those sent chills down my spine.

I get a home kit for this yeh?

computing.gif

Angling for someone on SS to post a damn picture of the kit with Investec, as they've done everything but over there. Would love to have a look.

I meant both.

Maybe things have changed. I haven't used HP in years, but everything that I've ever touched was shit.

Oh god, like those horrible, awful, sticky touch pads from a few years back. Oh god, the texture of those sent chills down my spine.

I really really don't know why most Laptop manufacturers can't make a decent touchpad. Just fucking copy the macbook one, it's been there for years. Christ.

Back
Top Bottom