Our best striking options

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I tend to feel the one up top isn't always right, lots if midfielders allow us to dominate possession but without doing anything, have two strikers particularly clever forwards like Kane will give us more of a goal threat.

So many games under avb and poch in particularly with 60% - 70% of the ball but nothing to show for it.

In my opinion, Bradley Gibbs has captured our striker situation in a nutshell. Most people seem to agree that we play better with two strikers than one.

Trust me, today we started with two strikers and we were absolute shite. As bad as I've seen all season.
True in the first half. Both Ade and Soldado missed too much. But there's another problem. That's the number of effective crosses. From our current squad Lennon can't cross. Rose can't cross. Townsend has forgotten how to cross. Eriksen (just watch his corner kicks provides little and Lamela even less. Adebayor or even I should not miss the sitter he missed and remember that last penalty he took? Crap. Bradley Gibbs comments that Soldado is a hit man in the penalty area. Yeah! Twice off the penalty spot, and he's had plenty of chances. Pochettino has made comments regarding Kane playing in the PL. Maybe he can explain why the single performing Spurs striker doesn't get a start....

Back
Top Bottom