Our Run In - 12 Games

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Potential relegation battlers...suppose they need a win to stay up? They come at us, open up and we smash them on the counter.

I'm not buying it that they suddenly become harder games. Everyone has to play teams at the top and at the bottom anyway, and our record against the poorer teams has been pretty much bang on (14 games against 10th down, 2 draws and 1 defeat, conceding just 8).

At least we're in with a chance...

Norwich (A) - 0
Cardiff (H) - 0
Chelsea (A) - 3
Woolwich (H) - 3
Southampton (H) - 0
Liverpool (A) - 3
Sunderland (H) - 0
West Brom (A) - 0
Fuham (H) - 0
Stoke City (A) - 0
West Ham (A) - 0
Aston Villa (H) - 0

Relegated

I think the 12 game sequence is impossible to make an accurate forecast, who would have thought have thought..

Man U would be so poor, drawing with Fulham, losing at Stoke?

Chelsea would have drawn at West Brom?

Woolwich would pick 1 point out of a potential 6?

I think to add to that we are completely unpredictable, I really did not see us beating Everton and if I'm being painfully honest I wouldn't have complained if we'd drawn that. I think we have a number of issues that could really affect our next run:

Adebayor - has been a beast up front and useful at the back on set pieces, if we lost his services Soldado might be able to do something but he's a very different player.

Defensive Stability - I think we look a lot better with Vertonghen & Kaboul at the back, if we can keep them fit, we will be able to extend the last couple of clean sheets.

Midfield Balance - Dembele can be class, Paulinho can be too but I still don't think we've seen the best of him and I'm convinced given a bit of time and improvement in fitness Capoue could do the lion's share of the defensive work. We still haven't quite gelled and there is still the question of harnessing the potential or Eriksen, Townsend and getting a bit more consistency out of Lennon.

I know it's tempting to see what you can expect but this is a bit of a 'Usual Suspects' (as in the film who you never know who's done it till the end!) kind of season and I think we have to look at our competitors too and see who's going to drop points.

Woolwich - Maybe it's wishful thinking but they have not really hit a proper bad patch, they had a stinker at Liverpool and they'd probably be disappointed at only drawing with Man U. I think they will suffer without Walcott's pace and Giroud can look 1 dimensional at time, I can't help but think their decision not to buy a striker and Ozil seemingly losing form could combine, with a bit of luck they could drop some serious points.

Liverpool - They have to lose sooner or later, we can hope Suarez does something stupid but last night it was horrible to see them snatching a win from a probable draw, that will give them a serious boost, that and no European games to distract them has got to give them a real chance of finishing high. Their only weakness is letting in stupid goals and they don't seem to suffer too horribly from that.

Everton - I think there's no doubt they're still in the race but they are over reliant on Lukaku for their goals, they are a very organised unit and they will be in the mix but I honestly think we can out pace them, I think with their depth they are going to run out of steam.

Chelsea & Man City - I'm grouping these together as the Billionaire's toys who will be top 2, both have stupid quantities of depth and quality, both notably in the midfield, they have dropped the occassional point but I really can't see beyond them at the moment, Mourinho is a despicable human being but a brilliant manager, I still think they might nick it this season.

If things are to go our way we must win the next 2 league games and hope in that time the other squads have some key injuries, 4th is possible but unlikely, I think our only realistic hope is a finish 4th behind Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool, because their form just seems a bit too good right now. We need to make up 5 points on Woolwich, beat them at the Lane and we're looking at 2 points plus goal difference. It is possible but we need fortune on our side.

Last edited:
I have Spurs getting 27 points, Woolwich getting 22, Liverpool getting 25, Everton getting 19 and United getting 22.

Puts the table as

Man City/Chelsea - 1st/2nd
Woolwich 78 points
Liverpool 78 points
Spurs 77 points
Everton 64 points
United 64 points

I think the key thing to keep in mind is that even one result changing between the big dogs over there (we win over Liverpool) or a key injury/loss of form will make all the difference. That's why this time of the year is so continually in flux.
Spurs
Norwich (A) - 3
Cardiff (H) - 3
Chelsea (A) - 0
Woolwich (H) - 1
Southampton (H) - 3
Liverpool (A) - 1
Sunderland (H) - 3
West Brom (A) - 3
Fuham (H) - 3
Stoke City (A) - 1
West Ham (A) - 3
Aston Villa (H) - 3

Total - 27 points (sprinklings of optimism)

Woolwich
Sunderland (H) - 3
Stoke City (A) - 0
Swansea (H) - 3
Spurs (A) - 1
Chelsea (A) - 1
Manchester City (H) - 0
Everton (A) - 1
West Ham (H) - 3
Hull City (A) - 1
Newcastle (H) - 3
West Brom (H) - 3
Norwich City (A) - 3

Total - 22 points

Liverpool

Swansea (H) - 3
Southampton (A) - 3
Sunderland (H) - 3
Manchester Utd (A) - 3
Cardiff (A) - 3
Spurs (H) - 1
West Ham (A) - 3
Manchester City (H) - 0
Norwich City (A) - 3
Chelsea (H) - 0
Crystal Palace (A) - 3
Newcastle (H) - 3

Total - 25 points

Everton

Chelsea (A) - 0
West Ham (H) - 3
Newcastle (A) - 3
Cardiff (H) - 3
Swansea (H) - 1
Fulham (A) - 1
Woolwich (H) - 1
Sunderland (A) - 1
Manchester Utd (H) - 1
Southampton (A) - 1
Manchester City (H) - 0
Hull City (A) - 1
*also their postponed game from last night - vs Crystal Palace (H) - 3

Manchester Utd

Crystal Palace (A) - 1
West Brom (A) - 3
Liverpool (H) - 1
West Ham (A) - 3
Manchester City (H) - 0
Aston Villa (H) - 3
Newcastle (A) - 1
Hull City (H) - 1
Everton (A) - 1
Norwich City (H) - 3
Sunderland (H) - 3
Southampton (A) - 3

Hopefully our squad will prevail with the Europa league.
We can start;
Friedel
Naughton Dawson Vertonghen Fryers
capoue Paulinho
Townsend Siggurdson Eiriksen
Soldado

Roughly without effecting our starting 11 much. I'd still love to win the Europa. I'd take European glory over fourth now. But im utterly adamant we could achieve both.

If? if's and buts were fruit and nuts, my auntie would have balls? Something like that?
One game at a time. I feel so pissed off with Liverpool's last gasp winner. Riether's stupid challenge on Sturridge was sickening. Sturridge is looking at ref before he's even hit the floor - 10 /10 for execution and style. The ref had no choice, I know BUT!…….

If? if's and buts were fruit and nuts, my auntie would have balls? Something like that?
One game at a time. I feel so pissed off with Liverpool's last gasp winner. Riether's stupid challenge on Sturridge was sickening. Sturridge is looking at ref before he's even hit the floor - 10 /10 for execution and style. The ref had no choice, I know BUT!…….

Yeah, but we do game-by-game speculation anyway. This is just an opportunity to do that on a grand scale.

Also, FYI.

Your aunty does have balls.

I have Spurs getting 27 points, Woolwich getting 22, Liverpool getting 25, Everton getting 19 and United getting 22.

Puts the table as

Man City/Chelsea - 1st/2nd
Woolwich 78 points
Liverpool 78 points
Spurs 77 points
Everton 64 points
United 64 points

I think the key thing to keep in mind is that even one result changing between the big dogs over there (we win over Liverpool) or a key injury/loss of form will make all the difference. That's why this time of the year is so continually in flux.
Spurs
Norwich (A) - 3
Cardiff (H) - 3
Chelsea (A) - 0
Woolwich (H) - 1
Southampton (H) - 3
Liverpool (A) - 1
Sunderland (H) - 3
West Brom (A) - 3
Fuham (H) - 3
Stoke City (A) - 1
West Ham (A) - 3
Aston Villa (H) - 3

Total - 27 points (sprinklings of optimism)

Woolwich
Sunderland (H) - 3
Stoke City (A) - 0
Swansea (H) - 3
Spurs (A) - 1
Chelsea (A) - 1
Manchester City (H) - 0
Everton (A) - 1
West Ham (H) - 3
Hull City (A) - 1
Newcastle (H) - 3
West Brom (H) - 3
Norwich City (A) - 3

Total - 22 points

Liverpool

Swansea (H) - 3
Southampton (A) - 3
Sunderland (H) - 3
Manchester Utd (A) - 3
Cardiff (A) - 3
Spurs (H) - 1
West Ham (A) - 3
Manchester City (H) - 0
Norwich City (A) - 3
Chelsea (H) - 0
Crystal Palace (A) - 3
Newcastle (H) - 3

Total - 25 points

Everton

Chelsea (A) - 0
West Ham (H) - 3
Newcastle (A) - 3
Cardiff (H) - 3
Swansea (H) - 1
Fulham (A) - 1
Woolwich (H) - 1
Sunderland (A) - 1
Manchester Utd (H) - 1
Southampton (A) - 1
Manchester City (H) - 0
Hull City (A) - 1
*also their postponed game from last night - vs Crystal Palace (H) - 3

Manchester Utd

Crystal Palace (A) - 1
West Brom (A) - 3
Liverpool (H) - 1
West Ham (A) - 3
Manchester City (H) - 0
Aston Villa (H) - 3
Newcastle (A) - 1
Hull City (H) - 1
Everton (A) - 1
Norwich City (H) - 3
Sunderland (H) - 3
Southampton (A) - 3

Get the horrible feeling this will be right, Woolwich have massively overachieved IMO this season and have done enough to keep themselves in the top 4, Chelsea and Man City sqaud depth is huge and will get them through and Liverpool will continue to rely on Gerrard/SAS to get them points they don't deserve and we will do well but be just off the top as always.

Dumbest challenge all season, what was going though his mind I will never know.

Don't think that I've seen anyone mention the massive goal difference that Liverpool have compared to ours. Already, that puts them a point better off than us.

Has anyone considered the fact that United could win the Champions League, making this whole discussion pointless?

EDIT: Not pointless, but something to consider.

Ideally we wont have to rely on goal difference to finish above them. If we get more points than they do then their GD is irrelevant. I dont really understand this "extra point" idea.

Don't think that I've seen anyone mention the massive goal difference that Liverpool have compared to ours. Already, that puts them a point better off than us.

Has anyone considered the fact that United could win the Champions League, making this whole discussion pointless?

I thought that situation was no longer possible, ie in that event all would be accommodated (since we got shafted)

ibuvjFr4ZweVmQ.gif

Back
Top Bottom