Pacos Ferreira v Tottenham Hotspur (Euro Conference) Thursday 19 August @ 19.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's no substitute for competitive games for me. These players should be showing they're worthy of being at the club and have something to offer and can play a part and be relied on this season. A few in this game get chance after chance and train day in and day out and have shown that they aren't even capable of turning up against "10th grade shite". What does that say about them.
Did not watch the match but I cannot understand why any player does not want to win any match regardless of importance. As a kid I would want to win any playground kick about and believe any player should want to win any match whether it is important or just a training pitch practice match against the rest of the squad. It is not as if any of them had any reason to save themselves for Sunday as it is even more doubtful any of them will play Sunday after what I have heard. All teams lose matches but it should never be for lack of trying.

I did not know how good the opposition were but Nuno should. I did not know how fit some of the players were that played but Nuno should. Not too concerned as it is still redeemable Thursday but we must do that or Nuno should accept criticism. Give Mourinho his due he did play stronger teams in the cups. Nuno clearly needs to learn from Thursday about team selection. A couple of players from the first team as long as not the same ones are able to play the odd midweek match as well. We have far too many players just not playing, Aurier, Sissoko, Ndombele, Rodin And Kane. We need them integrated or sold.
We have lost Bale, Vinny, Toby & Lamela and only got 2 replacement outfield players. We desperately need Vinny replaced.

Is it just confirmation bias on my part or is Doherty as bad as I think he is? He is just slow in every way....

In general need to look after the ball better..... Sloppy passes rather than opp pressing being our un-doing.

Gil looks decent. Has the ball reached Scarlet yet?

Defense just isn't clicking......... Would rather we switch back to 433. CCV <> Clarke.....

Goll
Doh'erty / Romero / Davies / Sess
John / Winks / Gio
Clarke / Scarlet / Gil
Just realised the Doh in Doherty. Nice.

Just realised the Doh in Doherty. Nice.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom