Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't see why he couldn't make it back from Abu Dhabi in time for today if his Asian Cup duties finished over 48 hours ago. Not sure where he is but with us paying him what over £100k a year he could easily have been utilised today

Because Pochettino probably wants him to get a nice rest?

The guy has played non-stop football for about 24 months.

Hi
Just had to sign up always come on here and just read people’s post, I’m just now a spurs fans that sick to the teeth with our club, I cannot really fault the players as we have no strength in depth and haven’t bought a single player this season, the way the people at the top are treating us fans is a disgrace, come out and say the stadium won’t be ready till next season, only renewed by season ticket to go to the new place, no signing no nothing, I wouldn’t blame poch for leaving just a bad week as a spurs fans but also there are a few players that I do want to see leave at the end of the season, the main one is Dier he walk round the pitch like he don’t give a s hit

Rant over hopefully things can only get better, we only only really in the top 4 at the moment because of the failure of Man Utd and Woolwich this season

One poor first half is football, two in a row is taking the piss and that’s down to one person.

If you are not bothering with the FA cup then say so publicly Poch then I can choose whether to not to bother turning up like the team you pick each season.

I don’t think its too unreasonable to expect our team to at least try. I think most of us want to win this competition.

Three. Shit against Fulham too.

Christ, the new age fans are the worst.
Before you started supporting this club, I watched us lose 6-1 to Bolton.
Fucking backwards he says.

:dembele:

Fuck off with your new fans jibe, assuming we dont win the League or the European Cup, this is the longest we've gone without a trophy SINCE THE WAR

gs04sbi.gif

Tournaments like this is just a example of how the club and fans both want the same things (trophies), but want different things at the same time.

For the fans the FA and league cups are echoes of past glories. Cups still matter to the fans. Whereas clubs in our position put much more value in being at the top of the league table and competing in Europe. That is where the modern day glory is.
I agree that is the outlook these days and Poch certainly does as he has said so many times on being judged on winning the big prizes. I just thought he was lacking in motivation today. Not his usual self on the touchline. A young and patched up team today could use more guidance through the match which as I saw he didn't offer much. Of course I don't know what was said at half time.

Having said that I do believe we gave it our best shot in the league cup this season with strong line-ups and good results before getting to the semi so I don't question the attitude toward that competition.

The prem is our bread and butter (yes, you put butter on bread) He knows it.

Easily pleased!

Skipp pulled out of the challenge that led to the first goal. Sanchez then got muscled off the ball.

Generally Skipp was poor trying to replicate what Winks does. Him and Dier gave up posession multiple times. Wanyama came on took over from Dier!

Foyth - OK.

KWP played out of position and was miserable. Every Palace defender knew he would check back onto his right foot and played accordingly. Only he knows what he was doing with the hand-ball!

The rest pretty abysmal.

I repeat, on the evidence of today's 'performance' that team would struggle in the Championship.

I won't blame Skipp, he's 18 and everything you said about him is the reason youngsters fail in this Country, they feel too shackled by negativity to express themselves incase they make a mistake.

Foyth was more than OK as was KWP apart from that absolutely mental decision in the first half.

Personally I'm very disappointed with the result today but I use perspective. When Kane and Delete got their injuries at the same time Son fucked off I was prepared to wipe my mouth of the cups and focus on the league, hence why I'm not as gutted as I was when we lost at home to Wolves for example. The league games take priority, with the teamsheet looking like it did today I thought it would be an uphill task but fuck me that first half was comical. 2nd half we tried but just lacked the quality and drop of the ball to get something going.

If offered id have taken a loss today and 3 wins in our next 3 league games against Watford, Newcastle and Leicester and I'm sticking to that, resting players and mixing it up was the right thing to do

Chadli & Sigurdsson should never have been sold in my opinion. Easier said than done but those kind of players would be vitally important for squad depth. Just how it goes

I got shot down for saying that I’d love Siggy back. And everyone loved the Dolphin. We have better players in the first 11 when everyone is fit, but they are better than our reserve options.

I'm still fucking fuming at that display, proper Christian Gross levels of Pony.

I need to mellow out, I rarely smoke the herb these days but I had a mate round for lunch who has left a number so I'm gonna fire it up.

Things might get weirder

:adegrin2:

Back
Top Bottom