Parker: Completing The Circle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
When Manchester City tore us apart 5-1 at White Hart Lane, Harry Redknapp demonstrated succinctly to Daniel Levy that Spurs were in desperate need of a holding midfielder. Personally I would have preferred a demonstration that involved graphs, PowerPoint and a spread sheet or two, but the message was loud and clear. Days later Scott Parker arrived, nearly two years on, the English midfielder is set to depart. It’s difficult to describe the affect that Scott Parker had on our […]

Continue reading...

I liked him, yes he fizzled out for us last season, yes. But to do what he does best, you needs legs and stamina. He's 32. In 2010/11 he was a game changer for Spurs, winning FWA Footballer of the Year award. Members and season ticket holders Player of the Year the next year when we finished 4th.:parker:

tumblr_lt6tfwLcxs1r3oc7fo1_500.gif

Great article once again @ Bardi Bardi
Do you just write for TFC or can your articles be found elsewhere too?

I'll always be a big fan of Scotty. He gave his best every game, even when injuries were catching up with him. Back in his Charlton days he was a beast.

I fucking love Scott Parker, think I might shed a tear or two when that deal finally goes through, bollocks to Bail!
5lza4p.jpg

I enjoy it when players give it their all for our club and Scott certainly did that, having a massive impact in his first 6 months or so. It's been said a lot but its clear his injury affected him too much for him to still be a key part of our plans. Wish him well, shame he didn't sign for us a few years earlier and waste his career at the bottom with West Ham.

Great article as always - thanks. I admire Parker for the way he played the game, always giving 100%, never giving up and basically running himself into the ground.

I remember having a discussion with someone about 12 months after he signed about his infamous 360 pirouettes. I said that Parker always made at least 2 or 3 distinct movements whilst completing a turn, but whenever you saw Iniesta or Xavi they appeared to glide like ice skaters in one fluid movement.

Technically he's not good enough to push us on to the next level, but what a refreshing change in this era of prima donnas you can't imagine Parker pulling a diplomatic injury can you?

Injury and age killed his ability to shrug off opposition while changing direction. He was quite good with it at West Ham. The Chelsea gig sealed his fate though. He was not on the field enough.

Class act. Wish there were more players like him.

Back
Top Bottom