Pau López

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ashamed to admit I didn't realise Pau was one 22! The signing makes a whole lot more sense than I thought in that case.

For some reason I thought he was around 30 odd (no idea where I got that from).

It's a funny one with keepers. If he plays I hope we don't have to find out how good he is today but if we do let's hope he has a solid debut!

Good to have 3 good keepers with all our competitions. Hugo already got injured, fortunately Vorm deputising well - but imagine if he took a knock as well. Our season could unravel very quickly.

Personally I would have liked to have seen him loaned out but on the basis he could be recalled at any time. There's no preparation quite like playing in a first team.

Please don't say 'roster'. It makes my skin crawl.

"Roster" :levyeyes:....

:dwi:

Right, mate. No need to be a proper bellend. Quacks like a septic, must be a septic, innit? Blimey.
:dempsey:
You're sounding more English already! Like it. :dierpochhug:

(Didn't mean it to come across cunty if it did. It's just one of those Americanisms I can't stand when used in reference to Soccer).:levywhoa:

So Lloris and Vorm have now signed new contracts.... what we gonna do with Lopez?
I think this is still all part of a longer term plan. Wouldn't be surprised if the Vorm signing is to maintain his value going into next summer where he might well be sold - bet he wants to move for regular first team football while age is still on his side.

Edit: as spursmalc just pointed out, Vorm's extension isn't very long, and so is probably similar to the recent "well fuck it, we might as well get something for you" Tommy Carroll contract.

Just seems like a big waste of time.

Long term projects always seem like a waste of time in their first period.

I'm surprised people are only just remembering Lopez and bringing him up again. He said months ago that Poch spoke to him and explained a long term plan for Lopez and that he was a big fan of it and wanted to see where it goes.

He's not stupid. He wouldn't of signed thinking he was going to play every game or even any games. He's here to learn and adapt and to become our first choice goal keeper in the future. Poch obviously sees quite a lot in him, the deal seemed very personal and a project close to heart for Poch.

Which both suggests two things:

a) Poch will definitely be here next season
b) Either Hugo or Michel won't
As mentioned many times in this thread it does look like a Poch picked player, I didn't know much about him before he joined but he was an outstanding keeper in La Liga the year before, made the most saves if I'm correct to, if any keeper goes it will be Vorm, Lloris signed until 2022 and is our captain, no chance he leaves this summer

Back
Top Bottom