Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi there, Corinthians fan here. I like a lot Paulinho, and will follow the Hotspurs because of him...

Just some info about Paulinho.

He is very intelligent... suffers a lot in Poland an Litueva when young, so he learned a lot with this experience and probably will be ready to adapt to life in England...

Very quick player, good defenser, can pressure the opposite line, recover the ball and quickly stars the counter attack. can shoot from distance and has a great infiltration skills. good with his head as well... He improved a lot in the last two years and with less the 20 apperences with brazilian national team, is the second scorer at his position, one goal behind Falcao...
In Corinthians, he played with Ralf as an first defender midfielder, Ralf is very similar (for me he is better) then Sandro, so I think that will not have a problem with that...

I will follow your team, and hope to see Paulinho shine!

If you guys have any questions about him, I can try to answer.

Good Luck for Hotspurs this year!

Hi there, Corinthians fan here. I like a lot Paulinho, and will follow the Hotspurs because of him...

He is very intelligent... suffers a lot in Poland an Litueva when young, so he learned a lot with this experience and probably will be ready to adapt to life in England...

Very quick player, good defenser, can pressure the opposite line, recover the ball and quickly stars the counter attack. can shoot from distance and has a great infiltration skills. good with his head as well... He improved a lot in the last two years and with less the 20 apperences with brazilian national team, is the second scorer at his position, one goal behind Falcao...
In Corinthians, he played with Ralf as an first defender midfielder, Ralf is very similar (for me he is better) then Sandro, so I think that will not have a problem with that...

:sandro:

Has Paulinho ever been called Paul? And also, no one in the world is better than Sandro!

This guy has the potential to be a HUGE player for us. With all the Striker and GB talk I think a few of us have forgotten we've signed a player with his peak to come who plays in the spine of the Brazilian national team. Very excited to see this Paul lad play.

Has Paulinho ever been called Paul? And also, no one in the world is better than Sandro!
From what I saw/have seen of Paulhino he looks better than Sandro did in their respective Brazilian days.

I expect Paulinho to be better than Sandro or Dembele this season, only a hunch of course, but that's what I think.

I also think both Sandro and Dembele are overrated by many spurs fans, there are clearly many better players than Sandro in the world, we have one ourselves called Bale. Sandro wouldn't even fetch half of Bale's value on the transfer market.

I like both Sandro and Dembele, but let's see them help win us something or get footballer of the year before all this hype about them can be justified.

I fear both Sandro and Dembele's seasons will be hampered by injury, hope I'm wrong of course, but that's why I'm so delighted with Paulinho coming in.

Ditto Vlad if he arrives, re Kaboul. (maybe even JV)

From what I saw/have seen of Paulhino he looks better than Sandro did in their respective Brazilian days.

I expect Paulinho to be better than Sandro or Dembele this season, only a hunch of course, but that's what I think.

I also think both Sandro and Dembele are overrated by many spurs fans, there are clearly many better players than him in the world, we have one ourselves called Bale. Sandro wouldn't even fetch half of Bale's value on the transfer market.

I like both Sandro and Dembele, but let's see them help win us something or at least get footballer of the year before all this hype about them can be justified.
In fairness how many players would fetch half of Bale's price. But the stats don't lie that when Sandro and Dembele were together they were the best duo in the premier league, the most interceptions, tackles and passes and other shit like that, which has made stat wise (not saying in reality) Sandro the top CDM in Europe. They are very good. But Sandro wasn't always this beast, if you remember his 4-1 defeat home debut against Woolwich I thought he was pants.

Sorry, I do not follow Premier League that much, so I do not know who is Dembele to compare... I know Sandro, of course, from what he played in Brazil, and from the National Team...

Paulinho and Sandro are two very different players, they do not look a like at all... Paulinho is a gentleman with the ball and Sandro is a troglodyte, so it is obvious who would won a fight!

Paulinho has an enormous tactical IQ, and is that guy when the other teams is voiding your offense line, he can create the space for the midfielders, he can be a surpriese player athe the box, like the goal that he socred against England... and he is very fast, he can start to dribble and infiltrate or do one-two with the center... it is funny though, 'cause he is a great defense midfielder (to aid Sandro or other guy, not to be the first one), but is famous for the offensive skills...

Also, Sandro obviously isn't on bales level, but his value to the team is probably second to bales at the minute, look how much worse off we were when we lost him.

Thanks peixe2k3, nice to hear from a corrinthians fan.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Paulinho can do. He looked very good for Brazil and seems very versatile.

I don't know the other guy you mentioned, but he must be good if he is better than Sandro. Sandro for me, is an outstanding player and I think we will struggle to hold on to him in a season or two (assuming he recovers fully from his injury) because I think there aren't that many DMs as good as him anywhere.

Sorry, I do not follow Premier League that much, so I do not know who is Dembele to compare... I know Sandro, of course, from what he played in Brazil, and from the National Team...

Paulinho and Sandro are two very different players, they do not look a like at all... Paulinho is a gentleman with the ball and Sandro is a troglodyte, so it is obvious who would won a fight!

Paulinho has an enormous tactical IQ, and is that guy when the other teams is voiding your offense line, he can create the space for the midfielders, he can be a surpriese player athe the box, like the goal that he socred against England... and he is very fast, he can start to dribble and infiltrate or do one-two with the center... it is funny though, 'cause he is a great defense midfielder (to aid Sandro or other guy, not to be the first one), but is famous for the offensive skills...
Did you just call Sandro a fucking cave dweller? Brilliant. I'm dying over here.

I also think both Sandro and Dembele are overrated by many spurs fans, there are clearly many better players than Sandro in the world, we have one ourselves called Bale. Sandro wouldn't even fetch half of Bale's value on the transfer market.

I like both Sandro and Dembele, but let's see them help win us something or get footballer of the year before all this hype about them can be justified.

I fear both Sandro and Dembele's seasons will be hampered by injury, hope I'm wrong of course, but that's why I'm so delighted with Paulinho coming in.

Ditto Vlad if he arrives, re Kaboul. (maybe even JV)

I read your posts on a regular basis and I think I am safe in saying that you are either a massive troll or you genuinely have no idea what the fuck you are rattling on about.

How can you possibly cast an opinion on a player, I would guess, you had never heard of until earlier in the week and then spout some bollocks about how he is better than Younes Kaboul or Jan Vertonghen.

Comparing Paulinho and Sandro is ridiculous, so I won't even humour you with that one.

In fairness how many players would fetch half of Bale's price. But the stats don't lie that when Sandro and Dembele were together they were the best duo in the premier league, the most interceptions, tackles and passes and other shit like that, which has made stat wise (not saying in reality) Sandro the top CDM in Europe. They are very good. But Sandro wasn't always this beast, if you remember his 4-1 defeat home debut against Woolwich I thought he was pants.

Fair comments, we'll see this season if Sandro is anywhere near the top CDM in Europe. I have grave fears that he may never be be as good as he was, it's a massive injury he's picked up.

All this Beast stuff just does my head in, but if people like it, fair play to them. I guess I'm an old grumpy git when it comes to matters like this.

Anyway, I stand by my prediction, Paulinho will outshine both Sandro and Dembele this season.

Fair comments, we'll see this season if Sandro is anywhere near the top CDM in Europe. I have grave fears that he may never be be as good as he was, it's a massive injury he's picked up.

All this Beast stuff just does my head in, but if people like it, fair play to them. I guess I'm an old grumpy git when it comes to matters like this.

Anyway, I stand by my prediction, Paulinho will outshine both Sandro and Dembele this season.
That's a pretty bold prediction, I don't feel Paulinho will come into his own until later on. Many players pick up long/bad injuries, some don't recover but others do, look at RVP for instance.

Back
Top Bottom