Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
How did Fonseca won so many defenders over a week? :dembelelol: It’s bizarre. Because some dorks on Twitter and Reddit like him?

I genuinely think gattuso is better than him. His Napoli side was way better drilled than his Roma. You can’t allow over 50 goals in serie A with a top 6 team.

How did Fonseca won so many defenders over a week? :dembelelol: It’s bizarre. Because some dorks on Twitter and Reddit like him?

I genuinely think gattuso is better than him. His Napoli side was way better drilled than his Roma. You can’t allow over 50 goals in serie A with a top 6 team.
guttuso is worse. not a tottenham manager and i hate the cunt. just a mendes bumboy whos happy to accept his garbage

Because that is what happens when people work so hard to defend the hiring and it is largely based on hope and emotion rather than actual facts, so it is hard to break that emotional position that they got themselves into.

If they had just looked at the facts then it is easy to say yes his results are complete shit so no big loss, but when they built up some narrative that he is a attacking, free flowing manager that was screwed at Roma because of injuries and the board it is much harder to break that mythical character they created in their minds.

Because that is what happens when people work so hard to defend the hiring and it is largely based on hope and emotion rather than actual facts, so it is hard to break that emotional position that they got themselves into.

If they had just looked at the facts then it is easy to say yes his results are complete shit so no big loss, but when they built up some narrative that he is a attacking, free flowing manager that was screwed at Roma because of injuries and the board it is much harder to break that mythical character they created in their minds.
Just read the first pages of the Fonseca thread and then read when things got blown between him and the club. But you have to support!!!! You are no good if you don’t nod to all the gigantic number of shenanigans that levy does!

we dodge a bullet. Just did it in a terrible unprofessional way.

Just read the first pages of the Fonseca thread and then read when things got blown between him and the club. But you have to support!!!! You are no good if you don’t nod to all the gigantic number of shenanigans that levy does!

we dodge a bullet. Just did it in a terrible unprofessional way.

I didn't see it here as much as on twitter but there was also a lot of "Paratici chose this guy and he is great so we should back him" well Paratici also chose Gattuso over him now, but I don't see that same need for blind faith in Paratici now.

What bunch? He got Milan, and Napoli. He chose to stay at Napoli, and Juventus out of desperation installed Pirlo. We know what happened.

Fonseca almost appointed as Spurs manager, and then we have people hyping Paratici's long term admiration on Fonseca despite the fact, Fonseca never on Juventus radar when Paratici was there
OK - I'll engage. You are most likely correct about Paratici preferring Gattuso when he was at Juve.

If Paratici is a strong DoF (as per Levy's spiel), then he should appoint the head coach he really wants. And regardless of our view of Gattuso as a human being, if Paratici thinks Gattuso is a better coach than Fonseca, then the DoF management structure enables him to make this appointment.

But but but.....

Here is Romano on why Gattuso quit the Fiorentina job:
-----------------------------------------------
Gennaro Gattuso now leading the never-ending race to join Tottenham. Talks progressing. He parted ways with Fiorentina after only 22 days because he wanted to sign some players from his agent Jorge Mendes to improve the team - but the club was not convinced.
---------------------------------------------------

I do not want the football club I've supported all my life being run by Jorge Mendes.

OK - I'll engage. You are most likely correct about Paratici preferring Gattuso when he was at Juve.

If Paratici is a strong DoF (as per Levy's spiel), then he should appoint the head coach he really wants. And regardless of our view of Gattuso as a human being, if Paratici thinks Gattuso is a better coach than Fonseca, then the DoF management structure enables him to make this appointment.

But but but.....

Gennaro Gattuso now leading the never-ending race to join Tottenham. Talks progressing. He parted ways with Fiorentina after only 22 days because he wanted to sign some players from his agent Jorge Mendes to improve the team - but the club was not convinced.

I do not want the football club I've supported all my life being run by Jorge Mendes.

I am with the same stance. Don't want Mendes mafia influence with our club. However with Fonseca, it is supposed to be the same.

And even without Mendes shit, I don't want neither. Gattuso for his mad cow character. Fonseca for incompetence IMO.

But but but.....

Then how the fuck will this be any different at Spurs? Levy is the king at not getting in the players a manager wants. This is a recipe for disaster.

Then how the fuck will this be any different at Spurs? Levy is the king at not getting in the players a manager wants. This is a recipe for disaster.
Letting Mendes move his B list players to Spurs is not the solution.

And B list is being kind to Matt Doherty. More like D list, sign him up to GestiFute days before the transfer for the lucrative agent fees....

Did you miss that Twitter thread some dickhead in Canada called Kevin made extolling his virtues?

It even talked about xG and that's pretty complicated so it won me over immediately, plus he wore a fucking stupid mask in a press conference.

Feel like pure shit just want Fonseca back x

Emotion Reaction GIF

Back
Top Bottom