Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
437E256800000578-4816522-image-a-56_1503499403607.jpg

My penis and my vagina are wet.
Love your hermchat, keep it up, baby

Must admit, I'm struggling to see what he struggles at?

His distribution is solid. He's shown to be a great shot stopper from his debut save against Palace, some decent saves against Brighton and again today. 2 cleansheets in 3 Premier League games for us and 3 wins and 1 draw in 4 games in goal for us.

3rd choice at Southampton and 3rd choice at Tottenham - surely he could have found himself a club who would take him as their number 1?

6 ft 5, good hands, beautiful face, young. What's not to love here?

His distribution is solid. He's shown to be a great shot stopper from his debut save against Palace, some decent saves against Brighton and again today. 2 cleansheets in 3 Premier League games for us and 3 wins and 1 draw in 4 games in goal for us.

3rd choice at Southampton and 3rd choice at Tottenham - surely he could have found himself a club who would take him as their number 1?

You keep on going on about his looks!

I’ll definetly second him to Hugo and try selling Vorm in Jan. Ease one slot for homegrown and Vorm really isn’t inspiring confidence

I’ll definetly second him to Hugo and try selling Vorm in Jan. Ease one slot for homegrown and Vorm really isn’t inspiring confidence
So if Lloris and Gazza are injured we rely on Whiteman. Is he ready to be number 3? We have needed our number 3 GK these last 2 seasons. Never seen Whiteman and cannot say if he is ready to step up. Promote Gazza but how much realistically would we get for Vorm compared to the risk of needing him in an important match. Keep Vorm and let him go in the summer.

So if Lloris and Gazza are injured we rely on Whiteman. Is he ready to be number 3? We have needed our number 3 GK these last 2 seasons. Never seen Whiteman and cannot say if he is ready to step up. Promote Gazza but how much realistically would we get for Vorm compared to the risk of needing him in an important match. Keep Vorm and let him go in the summer.

First and second choice keepers being unavailable isn’t normally the, erm, norm.

Plus given how effective Vorm has been in important matches when utilised recently, we wouldn’t be any worse off.

First and second choice keepers being unavailable isn’t normally the, erm, norm.

Plus given how effective Vorm has been in important matches when utilised recently, we wouldn’t be any worse off.
This is Spurs we are talking about. It might not be the norm but it happened last year and now. Last season when Toby was injured Sanchez was suspended for MC match and we had to play Dier. The season before last I seem to recall both LB's were injured at the same time. Easier to cover in the outfield but I would not want to have to play a young untested GK in an important match just because we sold an experienced GK for what undoubtedly would be a small fee given his age and contract situation.
In the summer we can let him go and get in a new number 3 GK assuming Whiteman is not yet ready which I suspect. Immagine the panic on here if Gazza is injured or sent off and we have to bring Whiteman onto the pitch against Barcalona.
Selling Vorm in January is just a risk not worth taking.

He made some really nice saves yesterday. The one against the bending grasscutter shot was incredible.
Depoitre was extremely unlucky not to score though Gazza really would have had no chance against it.
I was genuinely impressed with Gazza. Great to see a player breaking through in a time of need for us.

He made some really nice saves yesterday. The one against the bending grasscutter shot was incredible.
Depoitre was extremely unlucky not to score though Gazza really would have had no chance against it.
I was genuinely impressed with Gazza. Great to see a player breaking through in a time of need for us.

Hope it’s really being noticed and counts. Ultimately when called upon he has done his best, and deserves to be rewarded with that #2 position - and ultimately gives Lloris something to think about. Once he’s over his ban/injury, of course.

In his four games I'd say he's only conceded one goal he really probably shouldn't have - the first Watford goal in MK, which was at a good height for him on his near post. And he has made some great saves including two penalties in the shootout that night, and generally looked confident. Compared to Vorm who honestly seemed to average a poorly conceded goal per game.

Mention for his performance last night. His distribution is really very good, for once I'm not biting my nails when our keeper gets the ball at his feet. His passing is first time, crisp and straight to feet, he chips the ball nicely to the touchlines for the WB position (note to Lloris, not into the crowd), and his clearances upfield went a mile.

And again, good shot stopper. I thought he might have come for that corner.

I like Vorm, and his performance in that 1-1 v Dippers when they took us to the cleaners for 45 was the tops, but he's never reproduced that.

Surely it's time to promote PG to 2nd, and promote one of the good young lads coming through the ranks, maybe Brandon Austin. Vorm's good enough to be a decent team's first choice, and Levy will need all the money he can get.

Back
Top Bottom