Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
How many games in total for a clean sheet?

I always felt he saved the ones you expect and he let in everything else.
Good keepers save some of the latter.
Don't think that's fair I recall a game away at Liverpool might have been where he was excellent. Perfectly good number two good guy sound temperament keeps Mrs P happy. Dump Hart get Onnan as Hugo's replacement Austin as third. Fix our English issue with Mitchell, Aarons, Skipp, in Doherty Sissoko Sanchez out.

Don't think that's fair I recall a game away at Liverpool might have been where he was excellent. Perfectly good number two good guy sound temperament keeps Mrs P happy. Dump Hart get Onnan as Hugo's replacement Austin as third. Fix our English issue with Mitchell, Aarons, Skipp, in Doherty Sissoko Sanchez out.
No better than Hart and not stealing a foreign player slot.

He is better than Hart, which means zero as most posters here are better than Hart, but not close to good enough to be our back-up and certainly should not be in consideration to replace Lloris.

If that is the level we have sunk to might as well bring in a fan who at least could qualify for HG.

Arguing which is better is like debating whether to have your leg amputated above or below the knee, they're both shit.

Absolutely incredible that 45% of voters in the poll thought he was good enough to oust Lloris.

How many games in total for a clean sheet?

I always felt he saved the ones you expect and he let in everything else.
Good keepers save some of the latter.
That's what I thought too.

Too many shots where a 'better GK' saves them. Not mistakes but just shots that Lloris or someone of that quality saves.

He's a good 2nd choice GK though , better than Joe Hart in my opinion. Only because Joe Hart is English is why he is 2nd choice , HG squad rules and all that.

Arguing which is better is like debating whether to have your leg amputated above or below the knee, they're both shit.

Absolutely incredible that 45% of voters in the poll thought he was good enough to oust Lloris.
Before anyone thinks that I voted for Gorgeous Gazza over Hugo - I'm not that daft!! But Paulo instead of Hart - definitely from my POV!

That's what I thought too.

Too many shots where a 'better GK' saves them. Not mistakes but just shots that Lloris or someone of that quality saves.

He's a good 2nd choice GK though , better than Joe Hart in my opinion. Only because Joe Hart is English is why he is 2nd choice , HG squad rules and all that.
Actually, if I'm being generous, he didn't make many mistakes. Other than that ludicrous brain fart against Chelsea. Otherwise, very little in the way are making an arse of himself.

I wish him the best. For me he wasn't the quality we need as a second choice GK. At times he was decent. Being better than Hart isn't an argument anymore, neither of them good enough.

Had no idea he had no years left on his contract.
A good goalkeeper who performed well when required.
Ultimately the fact that he isn't homegrown cost him as we needed a homegrown backup goalie.

Wish him the best for the future!

Mason's mates--Poch's pal.
Ridiculous signing.
He was nothing more than OK and caused us non-HG problems.
But good luck to the guy. He's handsome and rich so I don't suppose he will be weeping in his bed tonight that we gave him the Spanish archer.

Back
Top Bottom