Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s growing into the role. He has all the tools to be a great CDM.

Agree fully. All this talk of him not being a DM is a bit off for me. Just because he played a certain role in Southampton's system doesn't mean he can't play as a more conventual DM for us. They guy has some great attributes and really seems to be relishing this move and growing with the team.

I got it totally wrong about Hobo, he’s exactly what we’ve been looking for.

I saw him play with Winks a few times and was disturbed with how he was playing further up with Winks, today he played the DM role with excellent positioning, at times dropping back to be in line with the CBs and at times pushing up to make the key passes.

I can’t believe how good he is and how much of a goof fit he is for the team, just amazing.

Agree fully. All this talk of him not being a DM is a bit off for me. Just because he played a certain role in Southampton's system doesn't mean he can't play as a more conventual DM for us. They guy has some great attributes and really seems to be relishing this move and growing with the team.

Well it's gonna be interesting because Jose dropped him to the deepest position in midfield for the first time since he's been here, but still felt the need to play Sissoko in the Winks role as a security blanket centerfielder.

It worked brilliantly today. Sissoko just did a lot of understated run tracking and position occupying while Hojbjerg destroyed everything in sight. But can he be left alone as a 6 with Lo Celso and Ndombele ahead of him? We have to try it, because my god how do you defend Son Kane Bale with Lo Celso and Ndombele outrunning outmuscling and outthinking midfields in behind them?

Back
Top Bottom