Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After Everton I was scathing of him ... he was mediocrity personified... but he’s got better and better every minute since, capping off a mom performance this afternoon

looked like a true dm. Tackled, smart positional play, harried , interceptions and what a pass to Aurier

it’s better that I’m typing this because I couldn’t say it out loud with my mush so full of humble pie

After Everton I was scathing of him ... he was mediocrity personified... but he’s got better and better every minute since, capping off a mom performance this afternoon

looked like a true dm. Tackled, smart positional play, harried , interceptions and what a pass to Aurier

it’s better that I’m typing this because I couldn’t say it out loud with my mush so full of humble pie

As just a general rule you should probably hold off slating a player after one game.

Same is true of praise of course.

I thought he would be just like Winks but he's so much more. Better in everything. Three plays from today were highlights for me: that little chip over the pressing Manu players to Ndombele, getting the ball from Bruno Fernandes like it was nothing and knocking him over and of course the pass to Aurier's goal.

Love the guy, not afraid to get in amongst the action and lets the opposition know he's there right from the kick off. What he lacks in skill he more than makes up for with commitment and passion. A rough diamond that needs no polishing whatsoever.

Love the guy, not afraid to get in amongst the action and lets the opposition know he's there right from the kick off. What he lacks in skill he more than makes up for with commitment and passion. A rough diamond that needs no polishing whatsoever.
I like that he keeps it very simple but he‘s quick to make the pass forward, it’s exactly what wekve lacked when we had Winks in the DM role.

PEH's tenacity and just-this-side-of-legal aggression in the tackle was great. He snuffed out so many potentially dangerous situations.

And let's not forget that jewel of a pass for Serge's goal.

Skipp is another Hojbjerg in the making as well. The rotation will be lovely next season when he comes back from Norwich with some experience under his belt.

Back
Top Bottom