Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weren’t Saints fans banging on about he wasn’t a good passer when we were about to sign him?

Of our recent CDMs (Palacios, Parker, Sandro, Wanyama, etc) he certainly looks the best passing the ball so far. He isn’t Pirlo, but he does pretty well distributing and that one touch assist today was :ledleylick:
I think people got this YouTube Highlight reel virus, preferring players with flashing risky passing. They just try to sound smart. To the point, simple pass with purpose at the correct pace and weight can do a world of good in a game of football.

You will have people compile some video clip of Pogba from this game and show us at the end of the season, and say how quality he is. In truth, he was so ineffective and lazy to boost. His partners in midfield must have felt cheated for being shamed for the team performance when clearly he didn't pull his weight.

Last edited:
PEH's tenacity and just-this-side-of-legal aggression in the tackle was great. He snuffed out so many potentially dangerous situations.

And let's not forget that jewel of a pass for Serge's goal.
I'm in love with that pass.

And by the way, it should have been Hojbjerg's second assist in a row in the Premier League. VAR controversy apart, he had a jewel of a cross to Harry Kane in the first half against Newcastle - header saved by the GK.

Best games he’s had in a spurs shirt. Was a little hesitant first few games but today he won me over. Had some Solid tackles, kept good defense shape, looked dangerous going forward at times and that pass was beyond satisfying to watch. Only error I’m recalling was that poor touch that Aurier cleaned up for him. Well played

Was very surprised by how reserved he was today in terms of positioning.

I have been very vocal in my assessment that he is more of a B2B and proved that while at SH and Bayern, but he bossed it today.

I still need convincing as I have seen his brain farts quite a bit as a more ambitious CM2 and thought that would be on display as a DM, but maybe that role makes him a bit more conservative in his overall desire to influence. Keeps things a bit more simple for him?

I also think we need to see more of him in that role with 11 men because it gets a lot easier with one less body in there. Thought when we were even men wise, out midfield was a bit open, which doesn't all go on PEHs shoulders, but something to watch.

Well done man, I look forward to see more of you there. Prove me wrong, I am more than happy to be an idiot.

‘We’ve not even started...’ love it. And he seems to be giving Tanguy more freedom, which is bringing out the best in his game, allowing other players to do what they do best. There is so much to be said for balancing a team. Kane will get the captaincy after Lloris, rightly so, but this lad is next in line.

Simply a solid player with massive endurance! He was everywhere and showing no signs of slowing down even towards the end of the game. His spring to press is quick and deceivingly quick.

Leading by example on the pitch! You can tell he is well loved by his team mates already. He simply make his team mates better. His passes are always simple and he almost never tries to over complicate his game. That is something Jose has said about his other great players who have played for him in the past. He simply makes it look simple:)

I like that this pic includes Bruno Fernandes. If not for taking a penalty every game then he would be a footnote. I didn't even realise until a day later that he had been subbed off at half time.

I hope the pundits keep wanking themselves silly over Manure and dipper players so PEH can continue to fly under the radar. Only 25 too which is fantastic.

I like that this pic includes Bruno Fernandes. If not for taking a penalty every game then he would be a footnote. I didn't even realise until a day later that he had been subbed off at half time.

I hope the pundits keep wanking themselves silly over Manure and dipper players so PEH can continue to fly under the radar. Only 25 too which is fantastic.

So so pleased he's coming good. After all the naysayer Saints fans (who we all suspected had a bit of jilted lover syndrome going on) and a couple of iffy performances at the start of the season, I was a bit worried he wasn't going to be quite what we wanted.

Regardless though, his role is a very un-showy one that'll never see him get many fantasy team points. I anticipate he'll keep flying under the radar for a while.

Back
Top Bottom